POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 621404
  • Total Topics: 46816
  • Online Today: 242
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: brian needs a friend  (Read 1182 times)

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
brian needs a friend
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:10:26 AM »
brianthepupil@hotmail.com who is a member of pozmatch threatened to kill himself tonight, he has driving fines, supposedly incurred whilst on meds, and has been threatened with jail?....whilst I know I'm being snowed ,this man is a tortured soul. Hes been diagnosed 17 years and is on atripla, a total mess. I know we all have problems of our own but....any one who would consider just dropping someone who genuinely seems to be at the very least desperately unhappy a line, please do. I know we cant save everyone, and I KNOW people lie, but call me an idiot or too easily conned, this man seems to need our help
Modified to add, hes from georgia, says hes got no facilities locally for support? If I'm being totally thick and this guy has taken my good nature for granted and has taken the piss I'll be disappointed by my lack of judgement, and extremely annoyed...but we all deserve the benefit of the doubt at least once? I dont know what to do with this....thought I'd see what you all think?
J
x
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:16:55 AM by tigger2376 »
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline 2reckless

Re: brian needs a friend
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:35:49 AM »
This sounds tooooo familiar. I live in Atlanta , you know TRAFFIC HELL !!! Anyway, someone hit me and called the police, said I was drunk and so on. I blew and it was 0. So, then I did the motion test and the police claimed I flunked. I was taken down town and given a blood test. They found all kinds of "NAUGHTYS"in my blood. Even though it was a pharmacy where the drugs came from I STILL got in trouble. 2yrs later and $8500.00 to my attorney and everything was DISMISSED! Even though the BOZO who hit me actually caused the wreck. .... I later found out his car had NO damage. .... But REALLY , you must tell your friend not to drive wildly in Georgia. The police on the streets in the state of GA will take you to jail for nothing!!!

Give your friend some TIME. Maybe find him a GOOD attorney. Maybe someone who is passionate with HIV patients. But let him know you don't like being toyed with...

Laugh a lot / Live a lot / Love a lot!

Offline 2reckless

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:59:43 AM »
I e-mailed Brian. I gave him info about Legal Aid in Atlanta. They are a compassionate group for AIDs patients here. I don't know if his address is in the city but, I gave him the phone number for AID ATLANTA and LEGAL AID.

I sure do hope he is okay and can find some help through these people.

AO

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:16:08 AM »
 Brian needs more than a friend if he's threatening to kill himself.  It sounds like a cry for help and if you're in contact with him
suggest he seek counseling ASAP.  Also keep in mind no matter where you are... driving under the influence...  Carries a heavy
fine and possible jail time.  Regardless of whether its alcohol or prescription drugs (narcotics)...DUI or DWI is a serious charge
which requires the services of an attorney( pref errably not a public defender)

You should be commended for your concern and your wish to assist him but if he doesn't help himself there's very little you or
anyone else can do for him.  I'll be glad to send him an email of encouragement...and stop beating yourself up for having a big
heart.  It's OK to care.....Gee imagine what kind of world it would be if everybody did!
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline brian davis

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 02:56:30 PM »
Well guys i appreciate all that were concerned. I made it through the roughest part and am FINALLY no longer all alone in this fight. I know i never was but i was in person. I have now found the most wonderful woman in the world and we got married the 2nd of this month. Anyway i WISH i ws snowing tigger but i WAS RAILROADED and convicted once already and it was for the awefully impairing combo of epzicom and reyataz. If any of yall know those drugs NEITHER impairs you. The only reason i was convicted was i was denied a lawyer and the judge allowed the 1 i did pay to withdraw from my case 3 days in before trial and i had to represent myself. CAN YOU BELIEVE i was denied a lawyer AND a jury ? I never knew they could do either in America :-[ Anyway i was convicted and now owe over 65% of my years social security , have 2 yrs 2 months on probation , and have 128 hrs of community service that I CANT GET TO TO DO . Well its not that bad now i can get there at least but to be honest before i met my new wife Kathleen it had been over 4 months since i got to go to the grocery store or see my therapist. BTW i do see an awesome therapistr at a wonnderful place called positive impact where they cater to nothing but those of us with this bug;) Anyway I still have 1 charge pending that is from OVER a year ago and if i cant walk away from that case clean I WILL go to jail because that redneck bastard thinks he has a faggot and wants to punish me. So far i have spent 50 days in freezing 2 meal a day hell and PRAY i dont go back but this SOB is dieiing to put me back in.

BTW atlanta legal aid does not do criminal neither does aids legal project and sorry to say but as far as i am concerned Aid Atlanta is TOTALLY WORTHLESS they have done nothing but cost me money and have NEVER helped with anything yet :( AAnyway i appreciate all those who were concerned and just happy to say i made it through and am TRULY HAPPY for the firs time in the 18 yrs that i have had this bug. I only hope for more to find this happiness and peace in life that i now have ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.