Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

My plumbing needs fixing

<< < (2/2)

david25luvit:
Ray...when I first saw the subject line, I thought to myself...Yeah.  Me too.  I need my plumbing 'FIXED"
But I see you're actually quite serious.  These days plumbers and electricians are like doctors...and they charge
like "new" professionals too.  ...YIKES! :o

But of course I think you were talking about replacing the hot water heater yourself.  Oh My...How butch! :-*

randym431:
Hi Ray
Isnt home ownership just WONDERFUL???
All these little goodies to wake up to each day.
Not like the good old days when we just called the landlord and "poof", it was fixed.
Before I owned, my sister would act like "you rent...poor poor dear."
Now I just say "get out of here". Renting has major advantages.
And after all, most will never actually have that home paid off till your very very (very very very) old...
Then the taxes will = your mortgage payments anyway, by then.

Sorry to go off track, but I know all too well. Either its the water heater, the furnace, ants, mice, trees in the yard that fall from a storm, the lawn mower breaks, the roof, new siding, termites, and then there are always those "nasty" neighbors you're stuck living next to FOREVER.  :D

But...ANyway...
$950 is really out of line. I'd say $500-ish for a new one installed.
Have you called around much? When I needed a new furnace, the price range was $1500 to $4500.
And the $1500 guy/company ended up doing the nicest job and put in a new water heater to boot (since they were there) for under $400. That was back 5 years ago.

Good luck!

Terry:

--- Quote from: randym431 on July 11, 2006, 08:01:19 PM --- Either its the water heater, the furnace, ants, mice, trees in the yard that fall from a storm, the lawn mower breaks, the roof, new siding, termites, and then there are always those "nasty" neighbors you're stuck living next to FOREVER.  :D

--- End quote ---

Randy are you hiding somewhere in my home and I donít know about it. LOL!  ;D

Ray a few years ago I switched my electric water heater for a direct-vented propane-gas heater because it was cheaper to operate. not anymore where propane has gone up from .99 a gallon then to now over $3.50 a gallon now. Canít win for losing.

Terry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version