HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

From exposure to HIV whats the timeframe before your contagious?

(1/4) > >>

macros951:
11 days ago I was involved in what has been described, in archived posts here as a low to very low risk encounter for HIV. I will avoid going into details as although I'm still a little concerned nothing can be done but wait & have the test.

What I want to know is if I had contracted HIV, would my semen today, 11 days later contain HIV? I realise there may not be a clear cut/definate answer but I would like to know as I've done something stupid. >:(

I suspect what I might be refering to is seroconversion but I dont want to go searching the web for answers but thought I'd come here instead.

Thanks people.

RapidRod:
Can't give you a reply without knowing your risk. Sorry.

macros951:
Sorry. Vaginal intercourse for possibly up to a couple minutes after a condom broke with female sex worker. As this has been covered numerous times in archived posts I didnt go into details.

Matty the Damned:
OK Macro,

Given that you report a broken condom, then you need to test for HIV 12-13 weeks from the date of this sexual encounter. Don't fret, HIV is a fragile virus and is difficult to transmit, especially from female to male. I would encourage you to read our Welcome Thread which contains links to the AIDSMEDS testing and transmissions lessons.

Sexually active people should have a full STD screen (which includes an HIV antibody test) at least twice a year. STD's such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea are far more prevalent and infectious than HIV. I would recommend that you make an appointment with your doctor or local sexual health clinic.

Take care,

MtD

macros951:
Thanks for replying Matty. At this stage I've accepted the broken condom, I was only posting this for a bit of background to my situation. It was the 2nd part that I was hoping to find out a little more on.

--- Quote ---What I want to know is if I had contracted HIV, would my semen today, 11 days later contain HIV? I realise there may not be a clear cut/definate answer but I would like to know as I've done something stupid
--- End quote ---

I realise this is a little hypothetical & some people may not wish to indulge my concern, but my concern is for someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version