POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 644057
  • Total Topics: 49021
  • Online Today: 193
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Feeling a Bit Nervous and Down out Scared!  (Read 2275 times)

Offline tnboy

Feeling a Bit Nervous and Down out Scared!
« on: October 31, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »

Not sure Just why I am posting this. I feel somewhat guilty for doing so since I do not feel up to contributing much to the needs of others here lately. I do read many of the threads but I just do not feel I have any sound advice to offer.

I have not been feeling very well at all for months now and the last couple of weeks have been the worse yet. I still have my daily diarrhea and now I have started feeling severe nausea along with it.

I feel myself growing weaker and weaker everyday and it is really starting to take its toll on my nerves. To be perfectly honest I feel very scared. I don't really know why, just that it is a very terrible feeling that I so wish I could shake.

I know some of you have been there and you know what I am talking about. I would welcome any suggestions you might have to offer that might help me deal with this. I can always use your prayers.

This site means a great deal to me and I am VERY Thankful for all the support I always find here. Thanks to each and every one of you for being the Great group of people you are and for always reaching out with your Love and support.

Much Love,
Mike :-*

Offline Jerry71

• {Lexiva, Norvir, Complera} Still Breathing!!!
Re: Feeling a Bit Nervous and Down out Scared!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 05:54:38 PM »
Mike hope you get to feeling better. :-*

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »
Ach, Mikey-boi! You don't have to explain yourself to us.

Doll we know how hard things are for you and how perilous your health is. This place is full of blowhards who have nothing better to do than offer their advice in every thread they see.

Frankly darling, I'm just pleased to see you post anything at all because it means that my mate Mikey from the Volunteer State is still out there plugging along.

I worry about you dearest, I really do. :-*

Much love,

MtD

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 06:52:36 PM »
You're in my prayers, Mike.
xxx,
Mike

Offline BirdBear718

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »
Big hug to you.

You are in my thoughts....

Offline Lis

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 07:26:18 PM »
Mike I know how you feel..
I have been less then supportive of others here, but I have to belieave that they understand..  when your sick, your sick, when your sick and tiered, your sick and tiered,, and when you come to the end of your rope... you post and let others help...

NO SHAME!!!  we assert ourselves as super human... WE ARENT!!!

I feel the weakness, as I have battled fever forever with no DX..

Hang in there sweet prince..

lisbeth
poz 1986....

Offline Lis

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »
( i think that spell check missesd a few in my post, sorry.. )
poz 1986....

Offline allanq

• still life with pills
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 08:06:26 PM »
Mike,

I know all about nausea and how debilitating it is. About six or seven years ago, I suffered with constant nausea for months. I was throwing up five or six times a day--sometimes even more than that.  I finally told my doctor that I could not handle it anymore.

It turned out that AZT was causing my nausea. Once I got off it, the nausea stopped.

What drugs are you on? You need to see your doctor and find out if the nausea is caused by one of your meds. There are lots of drug choices out there, so it may be possible to solve the problem just by switching drugs.

Good luck.

Allan
Top (Breakfast): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress, Zoloft (2), Glyburide (2), Aspirin
Bottom right (Dinner): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress
Bottom left (Bedtime): Sustiva, Trazodone (2), Lipitor, Septra (no longer taking this)
Center: Alprazolam (Xanax)
Not shown: various vitamins & supplements

Offline Jody

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
Hi Mike...Allan offers sage advice on checking your meds with the doctor as some really do tend to cause more diarrhea than others, for instance Viracept is a culprit I found in the past.

Also try some Immodium (liquid or caplets) in the mean time as an upset stomach will find many of the nutrients, in addition to the benefits of the meds, leaving your body more readily than they should and eating nutriciously must be very difficult what with the nausea you are experiencing.

Feel better and keep on truckin' good buddy.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Dan J.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 10:29:01 PM »
Dear Mike,

I hope you can see Dr. Guidi soon to tell him about your nasuea, hopefully he can prescribe you something.
I think about you often, hopefully soon we can actually meet the next time your at the clinic. You have my email so let me know when you will be there & I will stop by. I only live a mile from the clinic.

Feeel better soon!

Dan

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 01:38:54 AM »
Ach, Mikey-boi! You don't have to explain yourself to us.

Doll we know how hard things are for you and how perilous your health is. This place is full of blowhards who have nothing better to do than offer their advice in every thread they see.

Frankly darling, I'm just pleased to see you post anything at all because it means that my mate Mikey from the Volunteer State is still out there plugging along.

I worry about you dearest, I really do. :-*

Much love,

MtD

As I am one of the blowhards, I'll just quote this post...as it says everything I would wish to say - to the letter.  Mike, you're in my thoughts, sweetness. 

Love and Stuff,

Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 03:45:45 AM »
((((((HUGS)))))))...because I don't know what else to do...I wish I did.. :(

love from NZ
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline tnboy

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 07:43:44 AM »

Thanks everyone for your words of support and kindness. It is just reassuring sometimes to be reminded that others are fighting this illness and I am not alone.

Jerry, I know you have been dealing with many circumstances yourself lately and I wish you the very best that things will be much better for you in the days ahead.

My Man Matty, It always cheers me up when I hear from you.  :-* I admire your character and the strength you have. I Love you Dearly! ;)

Mike and Birdbear, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers being sent my way. It means a Great deal to me.

Lis, Darling, It is Great to hear from you again. I have read your post and I know what you are going through. I don't know how you do it but I so much admire you and you are a Great inspiration. I wish you the very best and many Good days for a change. :-*

Allan, the only meds I am on are Septra DS, for over 5 years now and I started on Zithromax, 1000mg  once a week in January of this year. My Doctor is aware of what is going on but does not have much advice to offer.

Dear Sweet Jody, Good to hear from you again Buddy, When I was on treatment over 2 years ago, Viracept was one of the meds I was taking but I never had diarrhea when I was on meds. The diarrhea is unpleasant but it is the nausea that I just cannot deal with so well.

My Dearest Dan, I would like that as well, I will PM you. I hope you are doing better , I know you have been having a very painful time lately yourself. :-*

My Buddy Tim, Thanks for echoing what Matty said, I do appreciate it very much and you could not quote a better man in my opinion. I do not think of you as a blowhard, I aways find your post very helpful. :-*

Dear Sweet Jan, I know you would do whatever you could if there was anything you could do but your Friendship means more to me than you will ever know! :-* I love hugs and especially the ones from you! ;)

Offline allanq

• still life with pills
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 06:06:02 PM »
Mike,

I just looked up the side effects of Septra and Zithromax, and nausea is mentioned as a "common" side effect for both these drugs.

For zithromax, occurrence of nausea was 5%. Occurrence for vomiting 7%. (I don't know whether the figure for vomiting includes the 5% for nausea.)

For Septra, nausea and vomiting are also listed as "common adverse effects."

Sometimes side effects can manifest themselves even after you've been on a drug for a while. This happened to me with Viread. After being on it for two years, I had to stop it when my creatinine level (which measures kidney function) started to climb.

I don't know what alternatives may exist for you, but maybe this is worth investigating.

Septra side effects

Zithromax side effects

Allan
Top (Breakfast): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress, Zoloft (2), Glyburide (2), Aspirin
Bottom right (Dinner): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress
Bottom left (Bedtime): Sustiva, Trazodone (2), Lipitor, Septra (no longer taking this)
Center: Alprazolam (Xanax)
Not shown: various vitamins & supplements

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 10:16:16 PM »
Mike, all I can offer is a {{{{BIG HUG}}}}.  I had nausea caused from AZT years ago and had to be put in IM Phenergan.  It caused an abscess (luckily was treated right away) but it sure took away the nausea.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.