POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 02:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642785
  • Total Topics: 48897
  • Online Today: 221
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: And there was no one left to speak out....  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
And there was no one left to speak out....
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:58:59 PM »
 >:(
I'm going to lock this thread out of respect to Christine and her family.

Ann

Ann, you seem to be very quick using your mouse or your power, as it may be to shut up or sensor people... Are you aware of where lis is right now in her life? Or just what kind of crap she has been going through health wise? Do you have any idea how ill she is? More important, do you really give a ratís ass???

I have to say this, years ago, as a person living with HIV/AIDS AIDSmeds.com this was a very comfortable/friendly site to come to. Itís no longer seems to be that way...

For your information ANN, I spoke with lis a few dayís ago... Her life is not as pretty or as delightful/comfortable as yours seems to be on the Island of Man.  For your information, lis has been ill... Very, very  ill. And for a very long time now...I feel she relates to Christineís passing and would like to give up the fight  herself... At least, I know she expressed that to me recently... 

Iím sure that the loss of Christine only compounded the situation and emotions for lis.

Just a thought/suggestion that Iíd like to share with you... With all the power that you possess here at AIDSmeds.com, wouldnít it be wise to pm a person before you publicly/universally/openly condemn and shut down their thread/post? And then send then straight to Hell?

You openly bitch slapped Lis... That was uncalled for...

I use to like and respect you. I no longer feel that way... Youíre one of the reasons that Iíve stayed away from this forum for the past year...   Iím sure thatís not a financial loss to anyone..

(Ann, Put in here every thing that would shut you up.) In my opinion Youíre no longer a nice person...  If you can put down and attack (As you have) people that are trying to survive living with HIV/AIDS... You are not a nice person...

Funny thing is, I've always feared people from the far conservative right, not those I considered friends...

Offline Tim Horn

Re: And there was no one left to speak out....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »
Terry:

The thread was locked by Ann -- on behalf of the entire team of moderators -- as it simply wasn't appropriate to use Christine's passing as a platform to re-launch the bitter feud pitting HIV long-timers against HIV "newbies." 

Terry, nobody here is censoring Lis's right to reach out for support and to let everyone know what she's been going through. But there is always a right way and a wrong way to do this... and using the passing of a friend and companion to many people in the Forums as a reason to once again start up a dispute that will only continue to go nowhere is, without doubt, the wrong way to do this. The various responses that followed Lis's message are a testament to this. I seriously doubt that Christine would want the incredibly outpouring of emotion -- and peace -- in the Forums surrounding her death to be sullied by an all-new flamewar in her name.

Lis is more than welcome in the Forums -- as are you -- and everyone is here for both of you guys. But please... let's not turn this into something its not. And to single out Ann for a decision made by the entire moderator team in response to several moderator reports filed by Forums members isn't fair... or called for.

Tim Horn

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »
Terry,

I feel your pain, and also Lis's when she called last night and I was awakened from a dead sleep and was not much help to her.

We at some point must find peace, and I cannot believe that Anns choice was an easy one, and I know she didn't make it alone.  However, we all have to move on and that my friend is the quandry.  Just how we do that is not easy.

I am just so very sorry for Christine's family, and most of all, Lis's also.

P.S. I finished this after Tim Horn posted his, but I stand by everything I placed here, it was truly from the heart.

I will take liberty to speak to this sentence in Tim's post.  The various responses that followed Lis's message are a testament to this.   Tim, I don't want to cirtique your writing, but this sentence is the crux of my point made above.  I didn't see one post in her thread that made any attempt to reach out to Lis and see why she would create such a thread.  To me it was obvious when I read her first post, how much anger at this virus and what it does to us, and our families was her motivation.  I saw how much pain it was for her to actually post those words, because she was very close to the situation that Christine was going through in the last month or two, through her own experiences recently.  She was relating to so much of this in such a personal way and she did what she did from a very honest place, and wasn't angry one twit with newbees, but to me it was completely the apathy that has ruled this new age of AIDS.  We all need a wake up call when one of our brothers or sisters leaves us to go on to that place of peace and how we all deal with it is so very different.  I have been overwhelmed by the number of my friends and acquaintences now reaching 190, that I haven't been able to compose my thoughts, let alone my ability to actually type it out. 

These are my thoughts and I thank you Terry and Tim for allowing me to share my confusion and sadness.

This event has left me bereft in more ways than I can seem to define or speak of.

Love you Terry.

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 11:57:45 PM »
Tim:

I didn't mean to imply that the the responses to Lis's post were beneficial to her, but rather to the memory of Chirstine in these days immediately following her death. I sincerely hope Lis will rejoin us. And I also hope Terry's note will prompt all those who love and care for Lis -- especially if they've fallen out of touch with her and are unware of what she's going through -- to reach out to her.

With that said, I'm going to lock this thread. And it's me making this difficult decision. I trust that if anyone has problem with my doing so will contact me directly via PM.

Thanks,

Tim

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.