POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 04:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639872
  • Total Topics: 48579
  • Online Today: 220
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Minibars...  (Read 2505 times)

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Minibars...
« on: October 13, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »
Yes or no? Expensive and difficult to get pass accounts or work necessity when travelling? Plus bonus questions, does brandy and amarula count as a proper drink? and does seeing your boss in Speedos by the pool cross a thin line in good taste/work relations?

I need to know

On the news side, the Cape Town hotel is great (Vineyard), Treatment Action Campaign so damn good, I kinda like Khayelitsha and EVERYONE i have met at the clinics I've been visiting in Cape Town looked well and happy. I am Comrade Taxi Driver c/o the sparky photographer, and sharing notes on HIV-positive experience in UK v SA was a pleasure.

- matt

Now playing: England's victory celebration after tough victory over the French (know which bath I wanna be in in the dressing room  ;))
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: Minibars...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 06:35:33 PM »
1) minibars, bit of a waste i always think, bottles too small..sometiems they do need to be raided though  :)
2) if it tastes good, tis a proper drink
3) *shudder* yes, people in senior managment should remain clothed at all times

glad you are enjoying the trip - the Petousis family certainly know how to do a good hotel... say hello to the Liesbeeck for me  :)

kate x

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 06:42:54 PM »
I avoid the minibar cost by cooking feline tranquilizer in the microwave of the mini-suite.  If you need a pyrex substitute make hasty use of a glass ashtray.  Scrap, grind and enjoy the ride.  By the time you're done you won't even be able to SEE the speedo, much less be bothered by it.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 10:20:21 PM »
I can't look at a minibar without thinking of OzJen and me in Montreal, mixing up a punch, or  The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

this has nothing to do with minbars:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=rOYmTZZIFkU

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
 does seeing your boss in Speedos by the pool cross a thin line in good taste/work relations? 

That would depend upon the answers to two questions:

1) Is he hot? Or  at least decent looking?

2) Does he fill out those speedos nicely?

If the answer to either  of these is yes, then it's OK. If the answer to both of them is yes, then get him good and drunk in the hot tub.....

CaptCarl (who as had a fantasy about a boss or two in his day)
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »
I chose "Love by Mini- Bar" in the Hilton Hawaiian Village with a Systems Analyst from a major American computer company once... IBM paid for the suite (as they always did), he looked great in Speedo (as he always did) and I got a diamond (which never happened before).  I can confirm, the bottles are way too small as I left him at the Honolulu airport and resumed my tasks as cocktail waitress.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 01:33:10 PM »
Minibars are a no-no.  As is, I suspect, mixing brandy & amarula.  A bit too sweet and creamy for me.  Stick to the hotel bar.  You get to meet interesting people (or not) and the drinks are much cheaper (and bigger).  No comment on bosses and speedos until pictures are posted.  Context is everything.

Glad Cape Town was a success.

Cliff

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
I had to look up "amarula" and must say it sounds really gay.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »
They're great to store poppers !

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjasô

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 01:52:10 PM »
Ah yes.  That Devil Juice should always be kept cool... nothing worse in life than a little brown bottle past its prime.  Rancid poppers are horribly unchic.  Plus they will undoubtedly give you KS.

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 02:10:46 PM »
They're great to store poppers !

..thought you were still on about speedos there for a minute mr  :D

we decided today that 3 was maximum number of minibar products acceptable to charge to expenses. exception of course, to those in oil, diamonds or banking..in which case, anything goes  :)

kate
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 02:14:01 PM by penguin »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 02:10:59 PM »
I had to look up "amarula" and must say it sounds really gay.

Ya but did you check out the recipes?  I want a "zebratini!"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 02:22:29 PM by Basquo »

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 02:16:18 PM »
Sod the mini bar.

Ask the hotel to empty it (then you have somewhere to store far more important things - like poppers and duty free vodka Ė or somewhere to hide the bossí Speedos) .. and if you want to drink in your room, order the drinks from room service (it just gets shown on the bill as Ďroom serviceí), so when it comes to submitting your expenses claim you can say it was food and bottled water / soft drinks (I mean, you canít possibly go drinking the tap water in exotic places, can you?).

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »
Hot damn.  Another poppers fanatic -- such insanity.  You're going to hell.

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »
Hot damn.  Another poppers fanatic -- such insanity.  You're going to hell.

Canít stand the things, but one has to cater for oneís victims.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »
we decided today that 3 was maximum number of minibar products acceptable to charge to expenses. exception of course, to those in oil, diamonds or banking..in which case, anything goes  :)
By we, Kate, I assume you meant you and Sir John Bourn.   ;D

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »
By we, Kate, I assume you meant you and Sir John Bourn  ;D

but of course! he & I often share notes on chauffeur driven vehicles, audits & such matters :D

kate

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 04:29:58 AM »
I let the Speedos pass, but the open robe on answering the door, I blanche(d), too professional and diplomatic (hah! me) to say anything but did slope off vor a stiff G+T and the end of the rugby (Cape Town was a happy place Rugby wise this weekend), so robe, an elegant man but not, er, fit. Amarula, yes it's gay but Cape Town, out there in them townships away from the A+F boys, there's a whole Priscilla side waiting to be discovered.
 :D - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.