HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

I'm a bit nerve wrecked.... :(

(1/6) > >>

Nervewrecked26:
Hello everyone well he'res my story, I recently started dated a beautiful women friend of mine and we've been together for 4 weeks now and we decided to have sex, protected of course now she has been with other partners as she has told me, and said shes been protected, personally i dont trust anyone but God, so we had sex last weekend I used a condom, it was pretty brief due to the fact that we were in my parents house and scared of being caught, now I know condoms have been proven to be very effective but I was reading through alllll the posts here on the ''am i infected section'' and found one post about a certain individual who said he put water inside his condom after he was done to check it and saw a tiny hole with water coming out it. When i read that i sorta started getting nervous... now i know you will definitely feel a condom break when it does and i was almst sure mines didnt nor did it slipp off, but what about that tiny hole? i mean arent condoms tested and ran through some tests before there sealed and put to sale??. I'm a little nervous can someone please clarify and should I test?.

Ann:
Nerve,

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection when used correctly and consistently for anal or vaginal intercourse.

Condoms do not develop "tiny holes", despite what some hysterical, worried poster may have written in this forum. When condoms break, they do so in a very noticeable way. When condoms are used correctly, they RARELY break.

Make sure you read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you know how to use them.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Although you do not need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Nervewrecked26:
Thank you for your comforting response mam ;). So by that said Hiv doesnt leap into tiny holes correct??. I mean if i finished with her and the condom was still on and it didnt look like it was hogtied around my shaft only i should be fine?. And I have not had unprotected intercourse for years and i tested this past december and i was neg. I was also afraid because I heard condoms break easily? but i guess thats if people keep using them wrong or putting 2 on at the time. I've never had one break on me personally but i wonder if you can really feel it broken and notice the differecne while youre having sex??. I just noticed over the years that HIV is not as easy to transmit as everyone thinks which is also sort of a relief but it still worries me.

Ann:
Nerve,

When a condom breaks, it is very obvious and you'd know.

As I told you, read all three links in my signature line for more information about condoms. I see no reason to type out answers that are already provided for you. Get clicking and reading. The first link even has a video you can watch.

Your condom remained intact and you did not have a risk for hiv infection. Condoms prevent hiv transmission.

Ann

Nervewrecked26:
Thank you Ann, I wanted to ask you something. Its off the topic i just like to be informed and educated on everything ;D. I was reading a topic where you were speaking to an individual who resides in LA i believe about NAT testing but i never saw mr Tim horns response about it i was just curious because here in Chipley,fl they are also talking about how effective that test is only that its expensive but statisitcs have showed it to be highly effective with all the studies of catching HIV or hepatitis during transfusions or blood donations. Heres the link of the convo between you two.   

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=3782.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version