HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Blood Donation

(1/4) > >>

scaredalso:
 Me and My Girlfriend we are Blood Donors. Dont they get hold of donor if there was promblem with the donation .

Ann:
scared,

If don't know your hiv status and have had unprotected intercourse with some who also does not know their hiv status, then you should not be using blood donation as a means to test for hiv.

A test done three months or more after your last incident of unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse will be conclusive. If you don't know your status and have been at risk through unprotected intercourse, then you need to test before donating blood.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection.

Ann

scaredalso:
 Ann, I went to Dr's and Gotten Tested before Give blood negative . Cause I seen there test have alot of false postive with the Nat testing.  :)

Ann:
scared,

If you don't hear from where you gave blood, then you're still hiv negative.

I hope you read my whole previous post to you. If you put yourself at risk by having unprotected intercourse with someone whose hiv status is unclear, then you need to have a conclusive hiv result before you even THINK about giving blood. Just because you don't fall into one of the official "risk groups" doesn't mean you haven't put yourself at risk. Use condoms outside a monogamous relationship and you won't have to worry about it.

Ann

scaredalso:
Thanks Ann it been year since I give Blood. Gosh I'm in tears I was doing some screaching on here and guy just tested poz within month. my exposer was anal took all the tests out there, Thanks Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version