Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

What am I supposed to do?

(1/2) > >>

onebet:
Hello,

My ex husband and the father of my two children has hiv.  He contracted while married to me and cheating on me.  We ended up divorcing two years later.  Now, he is involved with a woman who does not know he is positive.  I have tried and tried to convince him to tell her, but he won't.  I have no idea if he is using condoms or not.  I try to put it out of my head, but it always comes back to haunt me.  I am remarried and having a baby and have moved on but feel awful for this woman.  But on the other hand, feel it is none of my business.  What should I do?  I notified the health department and they would do nothing about it.  Should I just stay out of it or is this my problem?  I just feel like one day when she finds out she will be very angry at me.  In this state, it is not a felony to not tell, well it is not written in stone that it is, I suppose you could still bring charges against him for some other way.  Can she come afte rme for not telling her?  I guess I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to tell every girl he dates?  I feel really guilt and now he is LIVING with her...She is a mom with three children as well.....Thank you.....

Matty the Damned:
Bet,

Matty the Damned believes that this is not your concern and you should stay out of it.

MtD

Ann:
One,

You've been coming to this forum for a couple years now, asking the same question and you keep getting the same answer. Have you not noticed? Or don't you bother to read the replies you get, or are you hoping one of us is going to give you the green light you seek? Don't bet on it.

Nobody can "come after" you because you did not disclose your ex's hiv status to a third party. Frankly, it's none of your business.

For all you know, she might already know his status. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors and you certainly don't know if condoms are being used or not. Again, it's NONE of your business.

Perhaps it's time you got on with your own life and quit worrying about your ex's sex life. It's really none of your business!

Ann

PS - it's none of your business!

onebet:
Thank you Ann.  I have not posted here for at least two years.  I just feel bad for her.  I know she does not know, because he has blatantly told me she does not know. 

jkinatl2:
And yet it still remains none of your business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version