Main Forums > Living With HIV

Taking anabolic steroids while on Meds????

(1/3) > >>

Suntropic98:
Does anyone know if this is bad? I have a whole pile of gear laying around and I'm scared shitless to take it because of my sustiva and truvada.

Also, can somebody please explain what androgel and testim are? I have fatigue like crackhead thats been up for a week straight with no sleep yet I get 8 hours of sleep a night. I'm thinking about asking my doctor to put me on some sort of test supplement but I have no idea how to confront her about it.

thanks.

newt:
They's not worse than off meds, except perhaps too much of some being bad for your triglycerides, so not good if these are raised from the Sustiva, and anabolic steroids in too large quantities can be hard on the liver, so not good for a likewise reason.

Androgel (manufacturer's website) is a prescription testosterone replacement,commonly used for men with HIV, the lowest dose being 5g/day. It contains 1% testosterone.  A 5g application = 50mg testosterone of which 10% might be taken in through the skin.

Testim is an alternative, equivalent branded product.

Not sure a slug of the T will help you sleep though...

- matt

Suntropic98:

--- Quote from: newt on July 06, 2006, 07:01:26 PM ---They's not worse than off meds, except perhaps too much of some being bad for your triglycerides, so not good if these are raised from the Sustiva, and anabolic steroids in too large quantities can be hard on the liver, so not good for a likewise reason.

Androgel (manufacturer's website) is a prescription testosterone replacement,commonly used for men with HIV, the lowest dose being 5g/day. It contains 1% testosterone.  A 5g application = 50mg testosterone of which 10% might be taken in through the skin.

Testim is an alternative, equivalent branded product.

Not sure a slug of the T will help you sleep though...

- matt

--- End quote ---

Hey Matt, thanks for the response.

What are triglycerides? And how would I approach my doc about the test replacement? Maybe by telling her of the fatigue problem? I have an app at 1pm today EST. I'm not worry about the sleep issue, I've had enough of an experience with AS's to know how to time things right inorder to sleep.

So basically taking let's say Decca, Prop, Winni, Enanthat and Clenbuterol isnt going to do more damage whether I'm on meds or not? Right? I'm asking because I asked my pharmacist at my clinic about taking the clenbuterol and she said its a very bad idea because of my body temp being raised. However, I think she'll say anything to keep me from getting on juice just because they don't promote the idea of anyone taking A.S.

GSOgymrat:
Why not explain your symptoms to your doctor and see what she recommends? Why are you thinking of taking steroids?

Suntropic98:

--- Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 07, 2006, 08:11:41 AM ---Why not explain your symptoms to your doctor and see what she recommends? Why are you thinking of taking steroids?

--- End quote ---

I've taken steroids in the past, the last cycle being last fall. Probably 9 cycles in all in my life. I'm just trying to get in shape because I want to compete again and without it its pretty much a dead end.

My doc is against me getting on anything aside from my hiv meds. she's a real bitch at times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version