Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

your opinions?

(1/3) > >>

scotslassie:
Hi there

I have received an application pack for the local HIV care centre today to do volunteering.

There is a whole host of things to do- work in the creche or cafe, do gardening in the summer months, be a buddy, work at reception etc- They are desperate for volunteers to do anything.

What do you guys think of it? is it a good thing to do, is it something you think is worthwhile and needed? does anyone go to a local centre and have any advice?

Hope noone takes offense just wondered what you guys thought about it

bear60:
I think its brilliant!  I would,  however, go there if you havent already and talk to the folks at the centre.  Get a better idea what you want to do.

aztecan:
Sounds fantastic to me! We have a local organization that helps folks out and are begging for volunteers.

I think you could find this both very rewarding and beneficial to those who need your help.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me!

HUGS,

Mark

scotslassie:
thanks guys

Once I fill in the application form I get an interview if they want me. So Id go to the place and see what its like and what Id be good at

Im thinking buddying would be a good thing for me- I just hope I could do it justice. I have always wantedto do voluntary work, did some at uni for kids from underprivelged backgrounds we took them skating, sweimming, bowling, camps etc. It was great fun

AlanBama:
I think this is great!   We need more volunteerism.

My first "Lazarus Syndrome" Job (when the meds gave me my life back and I was able to get up out of bed and out of the wheelchair) was volunteering at DeKalb Medical Center in Atlanta in the telemetry unit.   I did everything, from wheeling patients around to entering data on the computer.

It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.   I'm sure they will be glad to get your help!

Hugs,
Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version