HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Insertive Sex

(1/2) > >>

pretzel1002:
I have a question.

I had protected sex with a man. I was the insertive partner. I used a condom, I was wondering if the condom broke during intercourse would I realize. I donít recall any signs of it breaking and was wondering if it would be somewhat apparent if an break occurred or if I would not be able to tell. the other thing was we did not have lube and used spit. I donít think the condom broke, is this considered safe sex if I used a condom and it showed no signs of breakage. thanks.

Matty the Damned:
I have a question.

I had protected sex with a man. I was the insertive partner. I used a condom, I was wondering if the condom broke during intercourse would I realize. I donít recall any signs of it breaking and was wondering if it would be somewhat apparent if an break occurred or if I would not be able to tell. the other thing was we did not have lube and used spit. I donít think the condom broke, is this considered safe sex if I used a condom and it showed no signs of breakage.

Pretzel,

When condoms break they do it in dramatic fashion. Believe me had the condom broken you would have known. They end up looking shredded. Given that, there is no risk of HIV transmission from what you describe. Please take the time to read our spiffy Welcome Thread which contains links to the important HIV transmission lessons here at AIDSMEDS.

One other thing, people who are sexually active should have a full STD check-up twice a year. A full checkup will include an HIV antibody test. If it's been a while since your last checkup or if you've never had one you should probably think about making an appointment with your doctor or local clinic.

You don't need to test for HIV on the basis of this protected sexual encounter.

Kind regards,

MtD

Ann:
pretzel1002,

Can I ask why you are using different usernames while posting to our forums? Thus far, you have also used ualguy

Please realize that this kind of activity is disrespectful of other forum members, as well as our moderators. People spend a considerable amount of time helping others in these forums. Using multiple accounts is at the very least annoying, if not deceiving and disrespectful of others. It is also against our Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse.

You must realize that the answers won't change, no matter how many names you post under.

I would appreciate a reply to this message, and I hope you will commit to using just one account - preferably your original one. If not, you will be banned from further access to the forums.

Ann

Matty the Damned:
 >:(

That's it. Screw the worried well parasites. Matty the Damned is out of Am I Infected? forum for a while. I wouldn't feed any of them boiled rice with a sling-shot.

-stomps off in a rage-

>:(

MtD

ualguy:
my appologies i did not read the welcome thread carfully enough i prmoise it will not happen again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version