Main Forums > Living With HIV

OMG! I can't believe it!

(1/4) > >>

aztecan:
Well, I had my visit to the doc today. I am still somewhat amazed.

My overall cholesterol is basically sort of normal! EEP! The diet, exercise, fish oil and Zetia seem to be working!

I am pretty happy about this.

Overall cholesterol: 192  (normal range - 120-199)

LDL Cholesterol: 122      (normal range - 0-130)

HDL Cholesterol: 23        (normal range - 32-96)

Triglycerides: 237           (normal range - 30-200)

OK, so the numbers aren't exactly wonderful, but they are better than I have had in a long time, with the exception of when I was taking Vytorin, which dropped my overall cholesterol to about 140. It also hiked my CPKs up to 962, nearly cratered my liver and caused a lot of myopathy from which I am still recovering.

Tonight I will add a new drug, Niaspan. It is extended release niacin. I am supposed to take it just before bed. I am also supposed to take an aspirin or Ibuprofen a half-hour before I take the Niaspan. It is supposed to lessen the side effects, which my doc tells me probably will wear off with time.

I know a person here who takes it and says it seems to be working for him.

So, tonight I will get to try something new.

Wish me luck,

Mark

Oh, the other numbers are still OK. CD4's dropped by a little more than 300 to 1,170 (39 percent) and viral load remains undetectable. Guess my 10-year-old regimen is still working.

tnboy:

Sounds Good Mark!

Wishing you the VERY BEST LUCK! ;)

Mike

JohnOso:
GREAT job on those numbers Mark!

It's nice to see hard work paying off in the end.

I'm taking fish oil capsules also and i'm getting a lipid profile with my next set of labs at the end of this month.  I've been pretty good at the exercise portion.  Diet....well let's just say I need to work on that a little more.  I don't think i'm eating enough actually, and need to tweak a few things here and there.

take care,
John

J.R.E.:
Hello Mark,

Your numbers are not bad at all !! Looking good... especiallly when you consider the years of medication that you've been on.

The Best---Ray

Andy Velez:
Good for you, Mark! WAY TO GO!

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version