HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

few seconds of BB

(1/1)

duizda1:
Hi everybody,
        About two weeks ago I hooked up with a guy (I am male also). He blew me and rimmed me (I didn't suck him or get topped). However, for a few seconds, I penetrated him without a condom. He said that he wasn't at all bleeding in his rectum and he's confident in his negative status and assures me that I'm safe (of course, I can't help being paranoid). His last HIV test, however, was over a year ago, but he's scheduled for another in early august. What are the chances of a top getting infected from BB, even if it was for a few seconds and no blood (as far as we both know) was involved? Thanks a lot :-D

~Peter

Matty the Damned:
Hi everybody,
        About two weeks ago I hooked up with a guy (I am male also). He blew me and rimmed me (I didn't suck him or get topped). However, for a few seconds, I penetrated him without a condom. He said that he wasn't at all bleeding in his rectum and he's confident in his negative status and assures me that I'm safe (of course, I can't help being paranoid). His last HIV test, however, was over a year ago, but he's scheduled for another in early august. What are the chances of a top getting infected from BB, even if it was for a few seconds and no blood (as far as we both know) was involved? Thanks a lot :-D

~Peter

Dear Peter,

First up I would recommend that you read our Welcome Thread. It contains links to our Transmissions and Testing lessons and is famed in story and song ;)

What you describe is a very low risk for the transmission of HIV. HIV is difficult to transmit especially from receptive to insertive partners. Difficult but not impossible. Questions about one's sexual health, especially HIV/AIDS are not something to take chances about nor should we trust the assurances of negative status from our partners. Therefore I would recommend that you get an HIV antibody test 12-13 weeks from the date of this encounter.

Also people who are sexually active should have a full STD checkup about twice a year. A full checkup will include an HIV antibody test. If it's been a while since your last checkup or if you've not had one at all, you should consider making an appointment with your doctor or local clinic.

Take care and wear condoms for anal or vaginal sex,

MtD

duizda1:
Hi,
     Thanks for getting back to me! My last hiv test was in may/june. I guess I'm going to have to wait 3 months. Thanks again.

~Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version