Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Hyperhidrosis [Excessive perspiration]

(1/2) > >>

Gary85741:

I'm not sure if this is a side fx of the HIV and/or the medications...or it's a 'stand alone' issue.

It doesn't meet the medical definition of night sweats, though I sweat a lot when asleep...have to lay a towel over my pillow(case) but even then it soaks through to the pillow.  My prone areas are the forehead, chest, and back.  It drips from my wet hair also.

I can do five minutes of housework and have sweat pouring off my head and face.  Same thing when I am cooking.  It's not as bad in the winter (though winters in Arizona are like fall or spring in other places.)  I don't notice this in other people.

Anyone have this monkey on their back?

Gary

jack:
oh yeah, I sweat constantly. Have for about two years.

J.R.E.:
Hello Gary,

Several times a month, it seems, there are times when I have excessive perspiration, when sleeping. Sometimes, to the point of waking me up, and mostly from the back of the neck area, and the back in general.

I find it a little bit better,, when I turn a ceiling fan on....it helps.  It also seems that when I take on physical projects, I also have a tendency to perspire heavier then usual. I guess, I just live with it..

Ray

allopathicholistic:
Gary

How many times a week? When did this start?

Most definitely tell your doc and drink extra H2O to compensate for lost fluids

Gary85741:

--- Quote from: allopathicholistic on July 10, 2006, 01:04:28 AM ---Gary
How many times a week? When did this start?
Most definitely tell your doc and drink extra H2O to compensate for lost fluids

--- End quote ---

Hear you on the extra water...really important in this desert climate here anyway...sweating or no sweating.  Learned that the hard way...was hospitalized for four days due to dehydration...three years ago.  Anyway...in the winter I don't think I perspire much.  It's hot weather with humidity.  During such times it's at its peak when I'm sleeping (every time.)  I've told the physician but he really didn't have much to say on the topic.  Seems it's not to the extent such that it's considered official "night sweats."

Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version