Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

My place is clean

<< < (3/3)

penguin:
congratulations on The Big Clean  :)

that is a very nifty little dustbuster thingy you've got there...would be good for toast and biscuit crumbs, I imagine.

No idea what Hamburger Helper is, or quite why/how a minced beef product might require assistance...but glad you got the issue resolved!

Kate

Gary85741:

Well...I'm a neat freak type too.  Also I'm very organized.  Some have poked fun at me for this (and a few in my time have outright criticized me...though I can't figure what earthly impact it had on them personally?)

Okay so I might be a little obsessive/compulsive about it...but it's not a felony last time I checked  ;D  The upside is that everything's done and on time.  Though I hate doing housework...partially because it's fatiguing...I always do it and this place is always clean.  For me...it's the only way I can function.

Gary

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: penguin on July 06, 2006, 06:58:25 AM ---No idea what Hamburger Helper is, or quite why/how a minced beef product might require assistance...but glad you got the issue resolved!

--- End quote ---

Kate, HH is a boxed product containing dry pasta (rotelli or fusilli, usually) and a flavor packet high in MSG and colorings. When cooked with ground beef, HH becomes a high sodium casserole

penguin:

--- Quote from: allopathicholistic on July 06, 2006, 10:01:25 AM ---Kate, HH is a boxed product containing dry pasta (rotelli or fusilli, usually) and a flavor packet high in MSG and colorings. When cooked with ground beef, HH becomes a high sodium casserole

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the explanation...! This reinforces my belief that Sustiva is truly The Dark Side Of The Moon (and not in the pink floyd sense)

Glad you found your way back, Bailey.

Kate

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: allopathicholistic on July 06, 2006, 10:01:25 AM ---Kate, HH is a boxed product containing dry pasta (rotelli or fusilli, usually) and a flavor packet high in MSG and colorings. When cooked with ground beef, HH becomes a high sodium casserole

--- End quote ---

As unappetizing as you make it sound... it is just that.

At the end of the month, I usually end up making a batch of Hamburger Helper. Each and every time, its like putting salty meat paste in my mouth. I pretend I am on a space mission and am eating rations.

Ironically, they put it in my bag of food every other week, from the food pantry. For people with HIV, many of whom are grappling with health issues both related to HIv and HAART, it's a really, seriously unhealthy option. Then again, so is not eating five days out of the month.

Dingo, I am glad your place is clean. Lets hope this is a step towards seriously brighter times :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version