HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

possible transmission?

(1/1)

jackson11:
Since December I have had swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my groin and a swollen lymph node along my jawline underneath my left ear. They are all hard and immoveable, however none of them are red (overlying skin), tender, painful, nor have they gotten any larger. More recently I have developed three rock hard circular bumps (assume they are also lymph nodes) underneath the skin along my hairline on the back of my neck, and a soft/fatty moveable lump on the right side of my neck. I have no idea if my nodes would be considered large, but they are definitely not visible. In addition I haven't so much as had the sniffles, no fever, chills, night sweats, weight loss, or diarrhea.

I have not engaged in unprotected sex, however a little over 3 years ago I made out with a female for a good 15-20 minutes. Conversing with her later that night she told me how she had just had her wisdom teeth removed a day or two prior and how just that morning when she woke up her mouth was full of blood. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now it makes me extremely nervous. The only other time I have had swollen lymph nodes is when I have had strep throat. I feel fine and that makes me even more nervous as to why my lymph nodes are swollen. Is it possible to be infected this way especially since she most likely had very large/fresh wounds inside her mouth.

RapidRod:
You are not going to get infected from kissing. Saliva has inhibiting factor against HIV. Her wisdom teeth have had time to develop clots and and/or she had them sutured. No risk in getting infected.

Andy Velez:
As long as you haven't had unprotected intercourse you don't have to be worrying about HIV. If you haven't already done so, read the lesson on this site about transmission, which you can find through a link in the first thread at the top of this Forum.

As Rod has told you, kissing is absolutely not a risk for transmission.

This is not an HIV situation so get on with your life and stop worrying needlessly. If your glands have been swollen for a while you should discuss that with your doctor.

Cheers, 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version