POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 11:45:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632094
  • Total Topics: 47860
  • Online Today: 251
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Alberto Gonzalez Resigns  (Read 2022 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
Alberto Gonzalez Resigns
« on: August 27, 2007, 11:25:55 AM »
OK, I'm not surprised.  I wonder who will be the next attorney general?  I hear that Chertoff (or however you spell it) is probably one of the front-runners.  Another fuck-up in the making.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline JohnOso

Re: Alberto Gonzalez Resigns
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »
OK, I'm not surprised.  I wonder who will be the next attorney general?  I hear that Chertoff (or however you spell it) is probably one of the front-runners.  Another fuck-up in the making.

George Bush is THE proverbial fuck-up magnet.  Perhaps he'll put his fag hag Harriet Miers in the position..god knows he's been wanting to reward her for her years of "loyal" ass-licking.

John

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
way overdue, in my opinion.....should have resigned a long time ago.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 05:55:30 PM »
first Rove, now Gonzo...I wonder what are they up to...could it be that they realize that there is enough evidence  out there to prosecute them so they opt to quit and get away with murder as they have for so long? Or is it that Dubya is in that bad of a shape that even the people who put him where he is just running away from him like the Devil runs from the cross?  Maybe they are just quitting so they can concentrate their efforts on how they will cheat the elections in 2008?

Regardless...they got away with murder so far...
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »
Good.

Only someone as supremely inept as Alberto Gonzalez could have let the completely legal non-issue of the U.S. Attorney firings become such a scandal. 

This is what we get when we elect an asshat President who values cult-like loyalty over competence.  Except for Condi... who is loyal to Bush while still managing to be competent.  I think she's smarter than all of them put together, personally. 

Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »

I went around humming "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" under my breath at court today.  Was that wrong of me?  Not really.

Aupoint--I see conspiracy and obstruction of justice in the US Attorney scandal, far from completely legal.  But I spend a lot of time thinking about such things.  Too much, maybe.

JR
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »
"And the walls come tumbling down..." Poor Georgie, all his pals are leaving the sand box...what ever will he do!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »
But Condi is just as inadequate as all the rest of them.  When Hurricane Katrina happened, she went shoe shopping, to see Spamelot, and the next day went to play tennis. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 04:55:02 PM »
But Condi is just as inadequate as all the rest of them.  When Hurricane Katrina happened, she went shoe shopping, to see Spamelot, and the next day went to play tennis. 

She's the Secretary of State.  Her job is foreign relations. 

Shrub should have been there... not her.

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »
Good.

Only someone as supremely inept as Alberto Gonzalez could have let the completely legal non-issue of the U.S. Attorney firings become such a scandal. 

This is what we get when we elect an asshat President who values cult-like loyalty over competence.  Except for Condi... who is loyal to Bush while still managing to be competent.  I think she's smarter than all of them put together, personally. 

Condi is smarter than all of them put together (Gonzalez is no dummy). She's talented and unusual. But competent? What has she done well? She has had no success and that is not surprising since she has had the President's ear, and name one major success he has enjoyed. I can't name one. Can you?  By the way. her famous I-can-do-no-wrong call people on the carpet thing is real----she did so to my Father a couple decades back---she had the wrong guy. When he told her that she simply said "Oh," and the meeting was over.
 8)  -megasept

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 05:14:30 PM »
Condi is smarter than all of them put together (Gonzalez is no dummy). She's talented and unusual. But competent? What has she done well? She has had no success and that is not surprising since she has had the President's ear, and name one major success he has enjoyed. I can't name one. Can you?  By the way. her famous I-can-do-no-wrong call people on the carpet thing is real----she did so to my Father a couple decades back---she had the wrong guy. When he told her that she simply said "Oh," and the meeting was over.
 8)  -megasept

With this crowd, I only ask that things not be completely fucked up.  Managing to keep something relating to the status quo is competence for them.

That said, I think considering how much we all loathe Shrubsters... and especially internationally... she's done a pretty good job of being a diplomat for the most hated and least-respected administration in decades.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »
She's the Secretary of State.  Her job is foreign relations. 

Shrub should have been there... not her.

But she was in the country fucking around when it happened.  As a member of the government, she should have been there.  The whole federal government failed.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 04:36:08 PM »
  Did you forget about this?

"Washington Area to Lose 2 High-Profile Prosecutors; All U.S. Attorneys Told to Tender Resignations," read a front page story in the March 24, 1993 Washington Post. Two days later, in an article on page A-22, according to Nexis, "Clinton Defends Ousting U.S. Attorneys; GOP Steps Up Criticism of Attorney General's 'March Massacre,'" Dan Balz cited how then-Clinton operative George Stephanopoulos, who appeared on Tuesday's Good Morning America and World News to comment on the current controversy, defended Bill Clinton's decision: The only sitting U.S. attorney Clinton did not cashier was Michael Chertoff, now the Bush Homeland Security Secretary. At the time Chertoff was U.S. attorney in New Jersey and then Democratic Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey intervened to save Chertoff's job.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 07:46:36 AM »
What a mistake that was (about Chertoff).  He went to Atlanta during the whole Katrina thing.  The federal government really failed those people.  And now there are money grubbers going in and trying to get all the property they can. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 11:06:40 AM »
I'm not saying the government, state and federal hasn't failed them, they have, but in the 9th ward when someone wants to collect a hundred grand for a home that wasn't worth 30 grand what do you tell them? Do you rebuild them a home at a hundred grand? You know they can't get a home rebuilt for 30 grand, let alone, replace their furnishings. There is no winners in this and I feel for them.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.