Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Speling ererz

<< < (2/3) > >>

Iggy:
Thank you again Daniel, as well as you Pat.

It is amazing that after I posted this thread how much I realize that others have already written about this and I've just not even noticed previously.  I guess it says a lot about being blind to anything that doesn't directly effect oneself.

I'm hoping it is age, or possible something that can be controlled, but regardless I will stop procrastinating and have it checked out.  Both of you have provided me enough reason to not pretend it doesn't exist - what "it" is though is still up in the air. 

Until that time that I get checked an a medical prognosis though I'm not gonna stress as there is nothing I can do right now about it and it may not be more than just some nurse looking at me and asking "what do you expect, you're getting old....now go your geritol and leave me alone"  That would be comforting indeed!

xyahka:
mmm.... as usual, this is something i didn't know.

How can i know if this is happening to me? (i mean which tests should i request to my ID Dr).

Does it affect you at any time or is it related to your CD4?

I had taken for granted that my high CD4 meant i was safe. I have also noticed troubles typing everytime i am  on PC (not only in English but in Spanish too). Same like others i have been good typer all my life and last week i found out i have lost few of my typing skills in my right hand (difficult and uncomfortable to use all my fingers to type) which is strange since i type every day on pc. Off course i cannot say i am not paranoic... so that could be a part of it. Just wanting to know more about this...

Juan Carlos

frenchpat:

--- Quote from: xyahka on August 25, 2007, 10:09:57 PM ---I had taken for granted that my high CD4 meant i was safe.

--- End quote ---

Juan Carlos,

from this http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/1667_12739.shtml and other sources it seems safe to assume that things are more complicated than that... unfortunately. High CD4 count appears to be a better thing than a low count but at the same time is no guarantee. The human body is such a wonderful, highly complex living system. ;D

As for how to evaluate the cause of our diminishing skills, I don't know who to turn to as of now. Guess I will start with my GP though she will probably tell me that it happens to everyone with age, not just to us pozzies...

any info is welcome

Pat

md:

--- Quote from: frenchpat on August 26, 2007, 03:20:20 AM ---As for how to evaluate the cause of our diminishing skills, I don't know who to turn to as of now. Guess I will start with my GP though she will probably tell me that it happens to everyone with age, not just to us pozzies...

any info is welcome

Pat

--- End quote ---

If you are concerned about this you should try to get a referral to a good neuropsychologist.

chm02:
Iggy- You said you weren't on any drugs, but I wanted to share that my (usually impeccable) spelling skills took a hit after I started Effexor (venlafaxine) about 3 years ago - so I can relate to the feeling. It was quite noticeable to me.  Getting older, being on psych meds and now hiv meds, I know there's plenty of reasons why cognitive abilities might falter here and there. So, I've made a conscious effort to exercise my brain with puzzles and reading and learning and trying to be as conscious as possible as I go through the day.
It sounds trite - but no matter what the cause might be, the negative effects can be mitigated by exercising the noodle.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version