Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Speling ererz

<< < (3/3)

Iggy:

--- Quote from: chm02 on August 30, 2007, 02:10:01 AM ---So, I've made a conscious effort to exercise my brain with puzzles and reading and learning and trying to be as conscious as possible as I go through the day.
It sounds trite - but no matter what the cause might be, the negative effects can be mitigated by exercising the noodle.  ;)

--- End quote ---

It doesn't sound trite in the least. Frankly I realize that regardless of any specific medical issue going on in my head - I HAVE gotten lazy about basic skills such as spelling and such.

As a lark I picked up a copy of Salem's Lot following teh Vampire discussion in the Living section and it dawned on me today that it has been months since I read a book.

I think with the likihood that HIV does effect the brain it is more important than ever that we fully exercise it as you say.

pozguy75:
Just to add my two cents here...I have to admit that not only have I been experiencing spelling issues, but also memory weirdness....I will be right in the middle of, this post, (for example) and I will completely forget what I was doing and why I was there...

This little bugger can really play havoc with the nervous system. We only measure the amount of virus in the blood, we don't yet see the extensive damage it does to the nervous system...something to ponder but also a bit scary if you ask me...

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: frenchpat on August 23, 2007, 07:41:08 PM ---I have experienced a very subtle change in my typing skills and spelling, both in French and English. I have sort of become slightly dyslexic but always catch myself doing it, and this is something that never happened before I became hiv+. Then again, I am going on 47 so it could be age as well... but I always had good spelling and seldom resorted to spell checkers. (I prefer a nice fat dictionnary).

--- End quote ---

I've had all of this too... though sometimes I figure my desk positioning isn't great.  I'm about to buy a new desk, but for the past few years my desk has consisted of a piece of plywood balanced on a file cabinet.  Horribly unfashionable, plus I rest my elbows too much on my desk chair arm rests which doesn't make for the correct typing posture.

My typing skills are not what they used to be, and I've been typing since the age of 12 (my mother was a typing teacher...)  Anyway, I'm not about to constantly proofread my posts on an internet forum.

xyahka:

--- Quote from: pozguy75 on September 04, 2007, 01:02:43 PM ---Just to add my two cents here...I have to admit that not only have I been experiencing spelling issues, but also memory weirdness....I will be right in the middle of, this post, (for example) and I will completely forget what I was doing and why I was there...

This little bugger can really play havoc with the nervous system. We only measure the amount of virus in the blood, we don't yet see the extensive damage it does to the nervous system...something to ponder but also a bit scary if you ask me...

--- End quote ---

Hi, i wonder, how can we know it is the virus affecting our memory or the meds or the stress?? Just wondering. I have also had that... but i though i was just stressed... for exemple i spent weekend at my sister place (another city 15 far from my city) and yesterday at midnight when i wanted to go home.... i just realised i had left the keys forgotten somewhere i didn't know.... :( i had to call my sister and travel to her place .... in the morning i found my keys in there.

Another thing is that while i am at work i always forget my pens or pencils.... and i never find them again until couple of hours later. It is really annoying.

Juan Carlos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version