Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Anger

(1/3) > >>

chrism1973:
I am dealing with this with my therapist but thought I would ask you guys.Is it normal for me to be angry that I am on meds and the guy that infected me isn't.There are other things I am angry about having this in my body.Allowing myself to get infected.Being naive enough to trust someone who obvisously didn't have enough respect for me to keep the condom on.His #'s are almost as good as mine and he has never had to take meds.I went on meds 3 months after becoming poz.I even tried a med break last summer but that only lasted 6 weeks.Just pisses me off.Sorry for the rant.
                                                                                                                 Chris

pozattitude:
I think it is very normal to feel anger.  It is part of the "healing".  The key is not to hold on to this anger and truly be able to let go of the anger if this is holding you back.   We all go through this, there is shock, sadness, anger all in one.  From my point of view, it is better to let go of the anger so you can move on with your life.  Of course, we all need time to work it all out and the process is different for everyone.
I wish you the best with your therapy.

Rich
(who learned how to let go)

bear60:
If you really want to hear about anger PM me. Chris

DCGUY2007:
I can understand your anger. I have experienced this too. For me it helps to channel it into something productive whatever that may be for you. I think in time it will go away and not be as strong. I hope you feel better soon

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: chrism1973 on August 09, 2007, 04:22:57 PM ---I am dealing with this with my therapist but thought I would ask you guys.Is it normal for me to be angry that I am on meds and the guy that infected me isn't.

--- End quote ---

What was your therapist's answer? I'm no pro but I think anger is probably normal. If you said eyeball-rolling ain't-that-a-kick-in-the-head where's-the-karma envy, then yeah, that's definitely normal! Wishing you well, AH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version