Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Hi. New kid in the family...

(1/3) > >>

unseenparagon:
Hi.  I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I am 20 years old.  I tested positive two weeks ago.  I just got my confirmatory test and blood work back yesterday.  It's been quite a shock.  I feel sort of lost.  I feel like I am just going through the motions of life; existing.  Actually, I am not feeling much right now; my doctor put me on an antidepressant and I sort of feel like eyhor.  I am healthy and do not need medications, yet.  Which I was told, that is a good thing.  Well, hi.

milker:
Hello paragon, welcome to the forums. I'm glad you found us early in your diagnosis, as you may soon have hundreds of questions that members will be happy to answer for you. You're going to exist and go through the motions of life with hiv on your side now. It's an unwanted company, for sure, but you can make it so it won't control your life.

Again, welcome :)

Milker.

Ann:
Hi Paragon,

Well, it sucks that you tested positive but I'm glad you found us. It sounds like you caught your infection early (hence the good numbers) and that's great. Finding out that you're hiv positive is a really crap thing and a good thing all rolled into one. I don't have to explain why it's crap, but it's good because now you are in the best position to take good care of yourself and lead a fulfilling life.

It won't always be easy, no, but you'll find friends here to help you through and you will in turn help others out someday. For right now though, concentrate on YOU.

If you haven't already, have a read through both the Just Tested Poz Welcome Thread and the Living forum Welcome Thread You'll find links in the second one that will take you to other parts of this website, such as the Lessons.

Do have a read, but don't feel as though you need to learn everything right away - you've got plenty of time ahead of you for that. If you have any questions about what you read, feel free to come back to the forum and ask away.

The first few months are a rollercoaster of emotions, but the ride does slow down in time. We've all been through it, so if you want to talk about the emotional aspects, we'll "get it".

Hang in there!

Motherly Hugs,
Ann
xxx

(who has a twenty-year-old herself!)

frenchpat:
Hello and welcome here. I am sorry you had to join and so early in your life. I am also happy for you that you found us.

Whatever other means of support and information you have, this site is a goldmine of knowledge and a great place to come to. It is also a pretty disfunctional family that occasionally thrives on chaos. Expect lots of support, great hands-on information and a sprinkling of drama here and there. This place is almost never boring. ;D

be most welcome

Pat

unseenparagon:
Thank you for the support.  Yes, I did found out early.  I was infected about 5 months ago.  I am handling it better than I ever thought possible; the things that shake me up are the fact that I may not make it to 30, the stereotypes put on me, and the possibility of never finding someone.  It's interesting how one little thing changes the way you think completely.  I had a few drinks late night and called my mom.  I don't know how she took it after I got off the phone, but she was so loving and supportive.  She told me that I was LUCKY because I now realized how special life is and I could make the most of mine; something most people never know or do.  Well, once again thank you for the support and I am sure we will be talking soon.  :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version