POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:50:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 22245
  • Latest: mbark71
Stats
  • Total Posts: 621075
  • Total Topics: 46780
  • Online Today: 211
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 153
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Same Inmate, Same Call, different month  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Same Inmate, Same Call, different month
« on: August 04, 2007, 01:23:15 AM »
Caller ID pointed out this evening call was from prizon.  I picked up the phone and said, Hello Seabreeze, what do they have you for this month?

She lied, said her car wouldn't start and she was hitch hiking into town for  a court ordered hearing.  Well, she lives almost 20 miles out of town and what is more believable is going on a beer run before the convenience market closes.  I agreed to feed the dogs and cats for a few days until court.

The California Highway Patrol confirmed, she was arrested for a DUI this afternoon and the car is in mandatory inpound for 30 days.  One of the DUI's from last month is also on the arrest report.  She is at the same detention center as she was last month.  It would appear that our mutual friend Don, has the 411 on what the court will do this time.  She has two DUIs between July 1 and July 4th and at least 1 today.  She is charged with two and Don seems to think she will be locked up for a year.  Her bail (this time) is $30,000.00 which is up $5,000.00 from last month.

I saw her the other day, in town... she was drunk and in her car and arguing about her right to drive.  I don't have the energy to do all the things she needs right now.  I will feed the animals over the weekend and pass all responsibilities to Pam and Margaret because they have known her for over 20 years.  They must be better friends than I could be right now.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline RapidRod

Re: Same Inmate, Same Call, different month
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 01:43:00 AM »
Micheal, the best thng to do is wash your hands of the situation. You've done all you can do. I doubt a year in the tank will even help her. She's hell bent on self destruction or destructing some other's family life. I wouldn't accept calls, pets would go into boarding and whatever happens to her furniture by the landlord is her own doing.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:16:21 AM by RapidRod »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 02:05:50 AM »
I know... This is Lazy Bear Weekend here on the Russian River, it is a beautiful summer night.  Instead of answering calls from Inmate Seabreeze... I should be out charming the pants off of some lazy bear  ;D ;D ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 02:14:21 AM »
Yes, you should Michael. You have your life to live.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 02:41:21 AM »
*shakes her head*...Michael, I can't say that I am surprised in the least...I digress....I am surprised she hasn't wrapped herself around a tree yet. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do and agrees with Rod totally. I do however wonder what happened in her life to make her drown herself in beer the way she does. It is really sad. It is also a blessing that someone hasn't lost their life due her selfishness and recklessness. I hope this time around they throw the book at her. Sorry but I feel no sympathy for Ms. Seabreeze.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

The Royal Blog

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 03:04:14 AM »
Matty the Damned agrees with Her Majesty Queen Tokelove on this one Michael. You've gone above and beyond the call for your friend, the very aptly named Seabreeze. Clearly the poor dear is a hopeless hop-head and this wouldn't be a problem if she didn't insist on piloting horseless carriages when she's got a gut full of rum.

Now Matty the Damned doesn't want to sound harsh here (he's is aware that this person is a friend of Sonoma's) but frankly the great tragedy in this is not that the mad woman is going to kill herself one day (that's a given) but that she will take out some innocent bystander(s) as she careens her lushed path down the freeway.

To be blunt if Seabreeze cannot accept that driving whilst stonkered is simply not on, then prison is the best place for her. Other people have a right to be protected from her wanton selfishness.

MtD

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 10:38:52 PM »
I have gathered all of her friends whom I know and delegated tasks to each.  I went to her house this afternoon to feed the dogs and cats.  The landscapers were there getting the pond rebuilt and planting for the next tenant.  They offered to keep the pets fed while they are working on that project.  I gave them my number in case anything wierd happens (as with Seabreeze) things always do.

Sue is finding a home for the cats and putting the furniture on Craigslist.  She has also agreed to have a visit with the Social Worker to ask for long term care because of dual-diagnosis.  Sue is her IHSS Worker.

Margaret is finding a safe place for the dogs through WAIF.  WAIF is a non-profit organization, founded and operated locally to help the extremely poor take care of their pets.  Margaret is a fund raiser for that organization and friend of the founder.  It is a done deal.

Pam will pay for the boarding, dog food, rental truck, movers and storage space.  Pam is a friend, dealing with Seabreeze for 25 years.

Don will continue to be her co-dependent, travel 5 1/2 hours to drink bee while the moving is being done.

I will be the friend in the audience during court and make the arrangements for rental truck, space and a couple of movers.  Metal detector at court and a few phone calls.

The car is on a mandatory 30 day impound and can only be released by a judge.  The cost to pick it up is $1650.00 including impound fees and towing.  It isn't worth that much.  Seabreeze gave me the Chrysler convertible I have been driving.  She ran into my sporty car on one of her past drunks and didn't know it.  The Chrysler was a gift to help me get around to the Commission on AIDS functions and all of the subcommittee meetings which are either developed to help people living with HIV in Sonoma County access and keep services or keep a bunch of county employees busy.  Since the July DUIs, she has held that gift of car over my hear.  The Chrysler, which I named The Whale Gusher, is going to be sold next week when I get my next car.  I may take it to a salvage yard.

Seabreeze has a twin sister and lives in Antioch (a couple hour drive).  Karen was just released from employment she had for 35 years over alcoholism.  They say if you call Karen to do so before 7:30 AM because she doesn't know what planet she is on.  I also found out why these two sisters drink so heavily and impact their daily lives.  They were abused by the parents for their entire lives.

Going through the mail I found in the yard, I noticed she no longer has HUD rental assistance because she was in jail for 17 days and HUD terminates clients if they are vacant from the housing unit for more than 15 days each year.  It was a stroke of genius and a flood to get her that housing support and the deadline to set up a meeting with the Housing Authority for reinstatement expired the day after her last release from jail.

The most interesting thing I heard today was the last job held by Seabreeze.  Remember she holds a Masters in Psychology from U.C. Berkeley...  Her last job was teaching a second-level DUI course in the Napa Valley.  For the life of me, I can't think of anything stranger.  Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 10:45:12 PM by Sonomabeach »

Offline Iggy

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 11:32:28 PM »
I read your other thread about her as well.

Her story truly breaks my heart and I hate to see someone so lost in addiction, but I am glad that you will stop being part of the collateral damage.

I appreciate how hard this was for you to do.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 02:28:27 AM »
I am sorry to hear that child abuse is the reason for Seabreeze and her sister Karen's alcohol problems. That is a shame. What I don't understand is how she got hired to be a DUI instructor w/o any kind of background check. It is also sad that she wasted away what she seemed to work hard for such as a Master's Degree for a 12 pack of beer.

I still say you are indeed a good friend. I wouldn't participate in anything else dealing with Seabreeze much less show up in the audience. Her throwing up giving you the car only proves to me that she really doesn't know the meaning of a friend.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

The Royal Blog

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.