HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

HIV and TB test

<< < (6/6)

nervous79:
You guys were right about my OCD problem and I am doing everything I can to get better. I quit my job at the hospital and I am now on new medication.

Unfortunately, something happened yesterday which I think really did put me at risk. I got someone else's blood on my hand at work. A woman I work with cut herself and was bleeding. It wasn't a serious wound or anything, just a cut. Anyway, a couple minutes later she came up to me and wanted to look at my wedding ring. While she was looking at it, she touched my hand and got just a little bit of blood on me.  As soon as I realized I had her blood on my hand, I washed it off and used antibacterial stuff. I then talked to her about it and she said that I have nothing to worry about. She's been married to the same guy for 25 years, doesn't engage in risky behavior, etc. But I'm still worried. I didn't have any open cuts where she got her blood on me, but I did have a small, fresh cut on the opposite side of my hand.

Please tell me that I'm just being paranoid and this is just my disorder driving me crazy. Would it be completely inappropriate to ask her to get tested?

Any response is appreciated. Thank you!

nervous79:
Does anyone have an opinion on this? I'm terrified and don't know what to do.

Ann:
nervous,

You weren't at risk in the situation you describe. Not one little bit.

Keep working with your therapist concerning the OCD. This is not an OCD website and there is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

aidstalk:
After all your testing YOU ARE NOT HIV POSITIVE...PERIOD People with HIV aren't the only ones that get thrush or any other symptoms. You can not diagnosis HIV by symptoms. You are negative, now move on with your life

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version