Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Trapped...

<< < (4/4)

Bucko:

--- Quote from: ndrew on August 08, 2007, 08:50:37 PM ---Hi Joe,

Ugh.  Panic attacks.  You do sound like you have a lot going for you, is that where the panic attacks come from?  Fear of losing these things?  It is hard, because sometimes even when the HIV is not really impacting my daily life, it does overshadow everything.  Why don't I just live and enjoy what I have now?

Drew

--- End quote ---

Druzie-
Your panic attacks might have an organic component. I'd suggest you discuss this with your psychiatrist.

I found that Seroquel helped me a lot.

Brent
(Who believes in better living through pharmacology) 

just_joe:
When I say "trapped" it comes in many forms. I am disabled and the four  time I tried to go back to work I 'I've gotten sick again and had to quit. I live with my ex-lover who I own and share a home with and with time we have grown further apart. He has his boyfiend, I have mine and we both can't afford to buy each others half out, so for now, we are stuck as roomates. I experience PN moderately to severely and feel that holds me back from doing a lot of things that require walking and traveling. I'm terrified of being a burden on anyone. I've always been very self reliant and it's really hard for me to ask for help. The panic attacks came when I was sick and I started thinking about how this was going to be what the rest of my life was going to be about. People say if you don't like it change it. That's just not true for someone in my place. At my age I can't imagine walking away from a house that I own half of and starting all over again. If I could work that might be a different story.  So. although my life does seem rich with things like a house, a car, friends, food, and at the time, my health. I do still feel "trapped" because there is so much more that I would like to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version