HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Need some reassurance

(1/3) > >>

ekaboka:
Hello all, thanks in advance for answering my question. I am 99% sure that there was no risk in what I did, but would still like some reassurance.

Yesterday, I visited a local Asian massage parlor. Got a table shower, a massage and a handjob in the end (I think she used baby oil). I know the handjob is no risk. But during the handjob she spit into her hand and used the saliva on my scrotum. Not on the penis, I told her not to do that.

To the best of my knowledge, there should be no risk of transmission of HIV here. I donít think I had any cuts/nicks on my balls. But please let me know your opinion.

The reason I ask is: this morning I have a small sore on my lower lip, looks more like a pimple, might not even be a sore...but my mind started racing with "what if's"...

I am also worried because I feel so guilty for having done this, I just couldnít control myself. I just moved to the area with a new job and I donít know anyone here. The loneliness just got to me, I succumbed, I hate myself right now, but what is done is done.

Anyway, sorry to vent here.

Is there any risk? What about other stdís?

Do I even need to test at 13 weeks?

Thanks again, John.

RapidRod:
You were never at risk and saliva is not a risk of HIV transmission. You do not need to test.

ekaboka:
Thanks RapidRod...any thoughts on the lip sore?

Ann:
ek,

What on earth does your lower lip have to do with a handjob? Unless you're a contortionist, I fail to see the connection.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. The use of condoms prevents this.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Please also read our Welcome Thread and follow the link to our Transmission Lesson.

Correctly and consistently used condoms prevent hiv. It really is that simple!

Ann

ekaboka:
Thanks Ann... and sorry, I meant do you think the lip thing could be an STD? But anyway, as long as there is no HIV risk, I am relieved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version