HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Do I have AIDS? Unsuspected anal activitiy and now I am worried!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

SurferDude:
I just signed up for one, but they are not doing it for another 2 weeks. Thanks for telling me how Ishould approach it.

How high of a risk was this on a scale of 1-10 and can i prevent it?

Matty the Damned:
Brad,

Numbers like 1 - 10 are pretty meaningless when it comes to this stuff. You had a risk encounter. It's more risky than some encounters, but even so HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. There's a pretty good chance that you'll test negative at the 12-13 week mark. But when it comes to something as serious as HIV/AIDS, pretty good is not good enough. We need to be certain that's why you have to test at 3 months.

As for preventing it, there is something called Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) which means taking anti HIV drugs for a period of time in the hope of preventing infection. It has to be commenced within 72 hours of the event. 24-48 hours preferably. I really don't think it applies in your case since, we we don't know if the shemale was infected and any rate I'm guessing the maximum time period to commence has elapsed.

The real trick to prevent HIV transmission is to use condoms whenever you have anal or vaginal sex with anybody. Receptive or insertivce. As you've also discovered excessive alcohol consumption and fun sexy nights are not always a good mix. You need to remain in control, especially when you're doing the good thang with people you don't know in unfamiliar surroundings.

Take care,

MtD

/edited for clarity/

Ann:
SurferDude,

Can I ask why you are using different usernames while posting to our forums? Thus far, you have also used Worrying Freddy

Please realize that this kind of activity is disrespectful of other forum members, as well as our moderators. People spend a considerable amount of time helping others in these forums. Using multiple accounts is at the very least annoying, if not deceiving and disrespectful of others. It is also against our Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse.

You must realize that the answers won't change, no matter how many names you post under.

I would appreciate a reply to this message, and I hope you will commit to using just one account - preferably your original one. If not, you will be banned from further access to the forums.

Ann

Matty the Damned:
Jesus H. Particular Christ!!!! Why do we even bother?  >:(

MtD

HIVworker:
That is clear evidence that someone is playing with this forum. There are tons of stories like this one that simply can not be true.

R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version