POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643390
  • Total Topics: 48955
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Vacation is getting close....Our road trip !!  (Read 2183 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
Vacation is getting close....Our road trip !!
« on: July 18, 2007, 08:42:04 PM »
Hey everyone !,  8)

Vacation is getting pretty close for Ed and myself. If things go properly, and I get the right amount of sleep Friday morning after work, we should be leaving on our road trip Friday evening around 8:00PM.

Our destination from the Tampa Bay area, is Olean, New york. Olean is situated not to far north of the Pennsylvania state line in western New york State.

We will be getting on I-75 north in Florida and taking that to I-10. We will then take I-10 east to 295(that's going around Jacksonville, Fl) we will then connect up with I-95, and continue on that northbound, through Georgia. (staying west of Brunswick, and Savanna)

Somewhere Northeast of Charleston, SC, we will pick up route 26, which will put us on a west north west direction until we hit interstate 77.

We will continue on Interstate 77, passing Columbia SC, Charlotte, NC. Somewhere, West of Winston-Salem NC, we will then be looking for our first motel room. ( that will be enough driving for the day !!

After a rest up,... We continue again, on 77 northbound through Virginia, and then through West Virginia, going through Bluefield, then Beckley. At Beckley, we will pick up route 19, which will eventually turn into route 79. and taking us eventually to Morgantown, West Virginia.

At Morgantown, we will be pretty close to the Pennsylvania state line. The next major city at this point will be Pittsburgh. We will continue up the western edge of PA,( on 79),  going through Erie, Pa. From Erie, it's just a hop, skip and a jump to Olean, New york  eastbound on 86.

We will be visiting my younger sister in Olean. We will also get up to Buffalo, to visit some friends up in that city.  We will also be going to my hometown Of North Tonawanda, New york ( just north of Buffalo)

Have plenty of people to see up there also. We plan on spending a day at Niagara Falls, and also if things work out right, will also get up to Toronto, Canada, for an overnighter.

Our return trip-----------

Leaving Olean, we will be going through Erie, PA once again.  Through Cleveland, Ohio ( on Interstate 90).  Around Cleveland, we will pick up interstate 71, going through Mansfield, Columbus, and finally Cincinnati, Ohio.

Cincinnati, will put us on the Kentucky state line. we will continue on 71 and possibly stopping at Louisville, Kentucky. We are then heading to Evansville, Indiana area, Via RT. 64  where we will spend several days, and visit a friend of ours there. Actually we will be staying in a very small town in Indiana known as Poseyville. ( Love that name) that's north east of Evansville.

After that, Heading south on 41, through Indiana,( and once again through Kentucky) we will be going through ( possibly stopping at Nashville, TN. Once again continuing, after Nashville on rt 24,  we will hit Chattanooga, connecting back up with 75 and taking that South to Atlanta, Georgia. We will most likely do an overnight in Atlanta, before we continue out trip back to the Tampa Bay area.

Just typing this, I feel the Hemorrhoids in my ass already beginning to flair up.  ::)

I may not be online much from now until we leave. We have a lot of preparations to make. Most have already been done. I am scheduled to return back to work on August 6th. I won't be using a computer during this trip, ( Ed would kick a lump on me if I did  :P ) so everyone take care of yourselves, stay healthy, and if you can't be good than be bad !!...But if I do find a computer, I will log on and let you all know how the trip is going !!

Take care-----Ray
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:37:56 AM by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 8/2514,  t-cells are at 402, Viral load <40

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline asaint

Re: Vacation is getting close....Our road trip !!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:47:43 PM »
I'm sure the weather will be better then the sunshine state
Have a great trip Ray

Bob
6/11 VL <50   CD4 (9%)   CD8 (54%}

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:00:07 PM »
WOW..that sounds like an amazing trip Ray, I'm sure you and Ed will have a wonderful time..look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 09:01:22 PM »
Ray,

We have traveled 77 through the Virginia's and N.C....nice!

Hope you two have a wonderful vacation...Be safe!

Offline Jerry71

• {Lexiva, Norvir, Complera} Still Breathing!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:05:46 PM »
Hey Ray look out for delays on I-77 going through the Tunnels. They are doing construction on both tunnels and they are down too one lanes, I have noticed at times traffic can be backed up for miles going through the tunnels.  Good Luck on your Journey. ;D

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:09:57 PM by Jerry71 »

Online AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »
Have a great trip Ray!   You guys be careful......

hugs,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:33 AM »
Ray :

I hope you and Ed have a safe journey and a fantastic vacation!  (I bet you're the map reader aren't you?  LOL!)

RAB   ;D

(If I'm not mistaken, you guys are soon celebrating your 150th [or something like that  ::)] anniversary too.  Congrats!)

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:32:27 AM »
Hi
Have a great time.  I know it will be nice to spend time with those you love and see old friends.

Bear
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:25:47 AM »
for a nice detour,take the New Castle(i think) exit off of I79 north of Pitt and go west. Go to McConnels mill. Park at the mill or up above and walk down. Beautiful gorge with some nice easy walking trails. Its very close to I79. You will like it.
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/Parks/mcconnellsmill.aspx#directions
also a few good restaurants in the area
http://www.springfields.com/sgm_files/sgmercer.html

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »
Ray,

Hope you and Ed have a wonderful vacation! Drive safe.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »
I hope you two have a really lovely time. I really miss taking car trips. The moment I become liquid in any way, I am going to be on the road! So watch out anybody within three to four hundred miles of me....... ;D   :o
If you would like a nice home cooked meal, and a free place to stay in N.C. I am literally a few blocks from Business 40, a mile or so from I40, and only a couple of exits from US52, all of which are accessable to and from I77.
I have a sofa bed, and I can make sonny sleep over at his brother's or something.
Just thought I'd throw that out there........I may even be able to swing having an Anniversary cake ready too.....

Kisses to you and Ed, and if you have time I can meet you almost anywhere.
Happy Trails!  :)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »

If you would like a nice home cooked meal, and a free place to stay in N.C. I am literally a few blocks from Business 40, a mile or so from I40, and only a couple of exits from US52, all of which are accessable to and from I77.
Happy Trails!  :)

Awwww, Thankyou Lisa !! :)

Lisa, I am going to private message you my cell phone number. If our plans work out the way we want to, I am thinking that we will be in North Coralina around 9:00 or 10:00 am on Saturday Morning. So give a call, and perhaps we can get together for breakfast !!

Jerry,

Thanks for that info on the tunnels. I will make sure I am driving at that point,as Ed gets a little freaked driving through tunnels ! :)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 8/2514,  t-cells are at 402, Viral load <40

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »
Hiya Ray..
77 meets up with 52 in Mount Airy. There are plenty of places through there. I'll PM you!
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.