HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

help please - i cant sleep- worries sick

(1/10) > >>

johnbear123:
hey guys,

last week i went to a private sensual masseusse and had a body massage with a handjob at the end.
At the time i didnt think about ant risks but now im starting to go through it all in my head.

what would have been done on the towel i was lying on before i got there and what would have been on her hands,
she used lube of some description (i didnt really see what it was) and no condom.

is there any way that some bacteria from a previous client worked its way into my penis during the handjob.
i know my penis does open a bit more than most so im pretty worries,

ive been to the doctor and he told me to get the test which i did but it takes a few days and even then its not conclusive as i need to wait 3 months.

the other issue i have is that im married and my wife was away, i never cheated on her but lately we have had no sex and i was just craving something. should i tell her or is it something better kept. I have realized just how much she means to me after this and would never ever do anything like this,

what do i do 

any help is appreciated

thanks heaps

John

RapidRod:
Get a test for what? You were never at risk for HIV. PERIOD...

Ann:
John,

Getting a massage is not a risk for hiv infection.

Getting a handjob is not a risk for hiv infection.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. It cannot be transmitted via an environmental object, such as a towel, no matter whose spunk may or may not be on the towel or in the massage lube.

Along with reading our Welcome Thread and following the link to the Transmission Lesson, here's what you need to know to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

And by the way, hiv is a virus, not a bacteria.

Your negative test result from this incident will be conclusive as it wasn't a risk.

Ann

Matty the Damned:
the other issue i have is that im married and my wife was away, i never cheated on her but lately we have had no sex and i was just craving something. should i tell her or is it something better kept. I have realized just how much she means to me after this and would never ever do anything like this,

John,

We simply answer questions about HIV risks, testing and transmission. We don't judge peoples' behaviour here nor can we offer you relationship counselling. Whether you should tell your wife about what you've been up to is a matter we can't help you with. You have to decide that for yourself.

I agree with Ann and Rodney, you don't have to be concerned about HIV in this case. Handjobs and massages do not transmit HIV.

MtD

johnbear123:
thanks for the tips guys,

so there is no possible way that perhaps semen from a previous client still on her hand etc rubbing into the hole on my penis could see me infected.
i dont mean to sound silly im just really nervous.

i went for a hiv test two days ago but havent had the results yet,
if i had actually contractd hiv in some hypothetical situation would it show in a test yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version