HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

HIV and cunniligus (risky exposure with a prostitute)

(1/3) > >>

Travelera:
I visited an FKK in Berlin 6 weeks ago. I performed cunnilingus on a sex worker (a 69ner) for about 5 mins. I was on the bottom. I chewed and licked the lower lip of her vagina. When my tongue tasted the vaginal secretion - I stopped licking and chewing - I tried not swallow any fluid (I held it in my mouth for about a min until she finished me). I spitted out and we both rinsed out mouths with listerine (she usually carried the mouthwash with her). I read that cervical fluid is infectious - is it possible that cervical fluid flowed down her cervical into my mouth because she was on top in the 69ner position. My throat has been feeling a bit strange since the risky exposure (could this be the primary stage of ARS).

Ann:
Trav,

Cunnilingus, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it, is not a risk for hiv infection. The cervical "fluid" you refer to is actually a thick mucus. It's there to protect the cervix and it doesn't flow anywhere.

Along with reading our Welcome Thread and reading the Transmission Lesson, here's what you need to know to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You also need to know that other STIs, such as gonorrhea, can be transmitted during oral sex. If your throat is bothering you, that could be the answer. See your doctor.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Travelera:
Thanks Ann.

But I did taste the vaginal fluid which is infectious and contains HIV virus. I'm concerned that the vaginal fluid might have given me the discomfort in my throat.

I went to see the doctor about the throat irritation - he suspected strep throat - but the strep throat test came back -ve. I was embarrassed so tell him about my cunniligus incident.

I know after reading through most of the threads on this website, cunniligus is very low risk. But I can't help but be concerned about my incident.     

RapidRod:
You do not get HIV from cunnilingus. You can however get other STDs.

Travelera:
Thanks Rapidrod. I was concerned about herpes type 1 after the incident because she was sucking it. It has been 6 weeks - no symptoms so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version