Main Forums > Living With HIV

Limbo....or Nirvana for the uninformed?

(1/1)

digable:
Ok, I am new to most of this, if not all of it. Not that I am new to HIV, I have been positive for all of my adult life..about 13 or so years. But, I traditionally do everything on my own. Thanks to the absolute worst relationship one could ever have, I now am a part of the HIV community as a participant. Not as an activist, volunteer, Board Member, employee or any other socially acceptable "helper". I have case workers and therapists now. I am seen at a clinic and not a private doctor. For the first time in my life I have HELP! If this is such a good thing, why do I feel like I am in limbo and utterly powerless? With so many people all around me, why do I feel all alone? Even being on this site, which I must say is absolutely cool, is a bit scary. OK, alot scary. Maybe, for the first time in my life, I am realizing just how lonely I am. Lonely, scared and tired.

maddeuwch:
I wish I could physically reach through this screen and hold you Digable.

I'm so glad that you are finally getting some help....try to use this help to get you through the rough time you are going through right now.

The people on this forum are also so supportive.I hope you stick around so you can find out just how much.

All the best mate.

Paul.x

Poz Brit:
Hello Digable,
Welcome to these forums, I hope, and feel sure they will alleviate some of that loneliness, as they allow you to reach out, and all of us, to reach in.
Since December when I joined. They have helped me and informed me enough to feel reasonably comfortable with my bug, and many other aspects of my life, I hope in time they have the same affect on you. Post your worries, your laughter, your rants and even your tiers, after all, a problem shared is a problem halved.
I am glad you found us, and best wishes

John(UK)

dario:
Dear Digable,

Do not allow yourself to be imprisoned by any emotions.  Keep your solitude. The days when you are given true affection there will be no opposition between interior solitude and friendship, quite the reverse. It is even by this infallible sign that you will recognize it.

I love my friends, I love my family, my wonderful cats . . . but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.

Hugs
dario

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version