HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Can HIV transmitted from a handjob with unknown oil?

<< < (2/2)

on99:

--- Quote from: Andy Velez on July 01, 2007, 11:17:57 PM ---A big loud and absolute NO! as far as risk in this incident.

Instead of coming up with more what ifs how about reading our Transmission lesson where you get all of the basics. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Cheers,
[/quote

Thank you for ur reply
how about other std?
and why so many infected still nowadays as condom is a common practice as i know for penetration sex?
Thank you

--- End quote ---

Ann:
on,

Hiv infections happen because people don't use condoms. Condoms prevent hiv infection, but they can't do their job when they're left in the wrapper. You have to put one on your penis in order to prevent hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this non-risk you bring to us, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Condoms, when used correctly and consistently, prevent hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

on99:

--- Quote from: Ann on July 02, 2007, 04:04:41 AM ---on,

Hiv infections happen because people don't use condoms. Condoms prevent hiv infection, but they can't do their job when they're left in the wrapper. You have to put one on your penis in order to prevent hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this non-risk you bring to us, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Condoms, when used correctly and consistently, prevent hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

--- End quote ---

Thank you for ur answer. So you are saying that I do not need any STD testing including HIV in this event since there is NO chance HIV can pass to me with indirect contact.

Ann:
on,

Yes, I am saying that you do NOT need testing of any kind over this incident.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version