Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

State Department of Health

(1/4) > >>

raroy273:
Yesterday I get home and my grandparents tell me that a letter was hand delivered for me.  I open it up and its from the Colorado Department of Health, no big surprise I knew they would be contacting me but figured it would be by phone.  No, the guy shows up at my house asking for me, asking where I work, what number he can reach me at and offers no identification to them.  That makes me very upset that a government employee shows up and offers no explination as to who he is and why he is there.  Glad I trained them well not to give any info out.  Read the letter and it is EXTREMELY URGENT that he speaks with me.  Leave him three voicemails, one last night, two today.  Finally calls me back and he has this puney, sniveling little voice.  He asks if I know why he is contacting me, of course I do.  Then precedes to tell me that I have a Mandatory meeting with them to obtain health information in order to find out when and where I was infected and to let me know what services they have available to me.  I dont freaking know where I got it, I know it was back when I was using/partying.  I have looked at the services they offer and it is VERY little to nothing.  I am so tired of all these unexpected appointments, mandatory meetings, the hearing officer that took my license now wants my Dr. to medically clear me to drive, I only told her that I have a serious medical condition that requires close montering in hopes that she would not take it.  There are more third-party people that know my status then I ever wanted to know.  Medical professionals are fine, family and close friends is all that I want/need to know at this time.  When is this going to stop!?!?!  I am beginning to feel that I am a circus freak.  I am tired of all this!!  Do they not understand that what I am dealing with is difficult enough and I dont want/need the State poking around.  I have know for a little over a month now and still adjusting.  This whole thing is making me outraged!  Does it ever stop?!?!?!

bear60:
First lesson when you become HIV positive:  your life has changed. How you cope is up to you. Its ok to be angry....but dont stay angry forever.....it will only eat at you and turn you into a bitter angry person.

milker:
WHAT???????????????

The State Dep of Health is required to contact you and try to find your partners in case of SYPHILIS, NOT HIV. HIV'S PATIENT NAME SHOULD NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THE DEPT UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY SAY THAT YOU AGREE FOR DISCLOSURE TO THE DEPT OF HEALTH. The clinic must tell the CDC that there is a new patient, that's all. What this person is doing sounds like harassment, it's the first time I hear anyone talk about suspending a driving license for HIV. I would refuse to answer any other question and ask to speak to a supervisor!

Milker.

RapidRod:
Not here Milker, you test positive in Ohio and you are on the name base data computer. As of December, 2006, all states have made the commitment to move to a name-based system.  Those states that don't comply will not get funding from the Federal Government.

milker:

--- Quote from: RapidRod on June 28, 2007, 08:00:46 PM ---Not here Milker, you test positive in Ohio and you are on the name base data computer. As of December, 2006, all states have made the commitment to move to a name-based system.  Those states that don't comply will not get funding from the Federal Government.

--- End quote ---
So it's not done in california, the person was very clearly stating the difference between syphilis & hiv disclosure to state when she called. Are you saying that HIV+ people are going to receive those kind of call soon in california soon??? Do they have to report HIV+ that were diagnosed BEFORE the new system?

Milker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version