Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Anti-retroviral?

(1/2) > >>

HIV? poz about being neg:
Is anti-retroviral a cocktail or haart or can you just take an anti-retroviral on its own to lower the VL? My CD4 is doing good...so I'm just looking for information about the VL I have been told supplements do nothing for it so searching for other options to get the VL down with out having to go on damaging drugs

Matty the Damned:
Poz,

Anti-retroviral drugs must be taken in particular combinations to be effective. This is usually three or more drugs. Taking one drug on it's own (monotherapy) or two (duotherapy) will lead to viral resistance. It's better not to take the drugs at all than to take them improperly.

MtD

HIV? poz about being neg:
Thank you thats what I thought as well but wasn't sure.

Matty the Damned:
Poz,

It's my pleasure. If you're considering starting HAART perhaps you might like to read our treatment lessons section if you haven't already.

MtD

redhotmuslbear:

--- Quote from: HIV? poz about being neg on June 19, 2007, 12:09:48 AM ---I have been told supplements do nothing for it so searching for other options to get the VL down with out having to go on damaging drugs

--- End quote ---

Supplement don't "do nothing."  They can support a healthy immune system and protect and fortify the body against certain types of damage, and they can burn a big hole in your purse.  They cannot, however, kill HIV.

That being said, get the notion of "damaging drugs" out of your head.  Aspirin and acetominophen can be far more dangerous to anyone than newer HIV meds.  Sure, even the nicer ones can affect kidney and liver function over time, but that's why you make certain that your doctor orders certain labs on a regular basis!

Cheers,
David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version