Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:30:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772786
  • Total Topics: 66297
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 203
Total: 205

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Before and after photos..  (Read 30224 times)

Offline Seven

Before and after photos..
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:07:49 pm »
Does anyone have before and after photos they want to put up...without the face ofcourse. I mean I know some people on here, dont want to post pics which is kool. I was wondering if people had pics they wanted to post on what they looked like b4 meds and after when they either gained or lost weight.

Sorry if this is a touchy suject, I'm just curious about how much aof a difference lipo is from person to person.

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
Re: Before and after photos..
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 12:04:31 am »
Hi i found an article on internet where a guy posted some pics of him before and after lypodistrophy, so i think you can see the difference. My point is, i am not really sure on how wise is to dig too much on the issue.... because it might cause you anxiety you don't need.

I don't know what others may think, let me know and i will post the url for the article.

By the way, there is a pic about lypodistrophy on aidsmeds lesson in the section of side effects.

Cheers,

Juan Carlos
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 07:35:11 pm »
I put together a collection of how my face has changed over the years.

http://home.triad.rr.com/lipoatrophy/My_Lipoatrophy/Page_4x.html

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 08:06:35 am »
Ford, I find you to be an outstanding character for posting your pics........for going out of your way to help people cope.
 :-*,
Mike

Offline Seven

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:30:08 am »
Yes thanks for posting pics...I mean I really didnt expect any face shots but you did go out of your way to help people and I thank you as well :)

Offline lotuslander

• The Poz that refreshes.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:10:27 pm »
Like everything else with HIV and AIDS, the infection and the treatments affect different people differently. Just as some of us get have problems with OI's and some of us don't. Some of us are blessed enough to be here after 20 years and some were not.

I agree with Juan Carlos. Why go looking for something scary that may never happen?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 06:24:45 pm »
Yes, I can see a change of appearance over the years, but I still seem to like the later pictures better than the former ones (especially the 2001 model).  That's just my personal opinion.

Most notable is Ford's assortment of head gear.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 01:57:19 am »
Most notable is Ford's assortment of head gear.

In the later years due to lipo I avoided photos except for Halloween, hence the odd chapeaux.

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 06:44:44 am »
I put together a collection of how my face has changed over the years.

http://home.triad.rr.com/lipoatrophy/My_Lipoatrophy/Page_4x.html
...and you still look beautiful.....
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 01:53:59 pm »
I still get emails from The Body interview I did last year and people always ask how the PMMA is holding up. I made this before and after photo. It has been cropped but not retouched.

Offline robbie0517

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 11:05:17 pm »
If you don't mind me asking, what is PMMA?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 01:37:05 am »
polymethyl methylcrylate

http://www.aidsmap.com/cms1032100.asp
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 12:01:12 pm »
Does anyone have any before and after photos of treatment for dorsal fat?

Offline HammyJ

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 10:22:32 pm »
GSOGymrat....Lipo or no, you're still handsome!!!.....;)

Cheers,
HammyJ

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 05:13:44 am »
GSo the before and after pictures look good. Your Doctor did a great job! I don't think I need to have the work done yet but I may have to in the future . Did you have this done in the U.S? They did a great job on the fillers. My worry is if I need to have this done I might get  someone who hasnt had practice with this type of procedure
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 05:30:35 am by DCGUY2007 »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 01:59:59 pm »
Thanks guys. I had PMMA treatment from Dr. Serra in Rio de Janeiro. I think having an experienced doctor doing the treatment is very important.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 08:12:44 am »
GSO, u look great b4/after. Of cos, the after looks much better and very natural. Great job by your doctor. I'm somewhat at your 2005 stage since being diagnosed in Aug 05 and I'm NOT even on meds yet. The lipo on my face just started almost immediately from there.

Wished I could fly to Rio too and do the procedure but the air fare to and fro and then some for the follow up could feed me for years...I live in Asia.  :-[ I once found a website selling PMMA online quite reasonably but the problem is getting someone qualified to inject it correctly. If only it can be DIY..sigh. Obviously doing it wrong will have me end up looking like I'm just a pair of giant Angelina Jolie lips above my neck! ;D

Nevertheless, it's great to see there is help for those who can access/afford it. Keep smiling handsome.

Peace!

Blessed Be!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:18:46 am by Merlin »
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline poznva

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 12:11:30 am »
GSOgymrat......Damn youre beautiful..............and so lucky to be blessed...........

Offline madcowcorn

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 03:09:22 am »
hi i dont have any photos
however i think its starting to happen in the face
i have been taking trizavir for 5 yrs now and just got a test
so not sure where im at however my last test showed detectable of 400 and tcell at 450
which was down from 600
im afriad this will go further
any suggestions on what todo?
also how much does the surgery cost
thanks
robert
p.s. would love replies to madcowcorn@yahoo.com since im not sure if i will recieve replies yet

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 11:26:16 am »
Your CD4 count and lipoatrophy are two different issues. You can improve your viral load by getting on a combo that keeps your viral load undetectable. You can avoid medications that are known to cause lipoatrophy but part of this syndrome is how your metabolism reacts to HIV and medications.

Offline allanq

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 03:22:06 pm »
Robert,

Trizivir is a combination that consists of three nucleoside drugs: AZT, Epivir, and abacavir. If that's all you're taking for your HIV, it's an unusual combination. Most combinations nowadays include a protease inhibitor and/or a non-nucleoside drug, such as Sustiva or Viramune.

AZT is a major cause of lipoatrophy. If I were you, I'd talk to my doctor about getting on a combo that does not contain AZT. (Zerit is another drug to avoid, but most doctors in the U.S. no longer prescribe Zerit.)

I've been HIV-positive for 23 years. I was on AZT for many years and I've had major loss of fat in my face.  I've had two treatments with PMMA at the Clinic Estetica in Tijuana. I had the treatments almost two years ago, and I'm very pleased with the results. However, I still have severe lipoatrophy in my arms, legs, and butt. For me, sitting on a hard surface is a form of torture.

I do think it's important to get off the AZT in order to avoid further lipoatrophy. You've been on Trizivir for five years and your VL is 400. Was your VL ever undetectable on Trizivir? If it was, then an increase to 400 might in itself be an indication that you should consider a new regimen. This is something to talk to your doctor about.

One more point.... many doctors focus entirely on the numbers and do not pay enough attention to non-life threatening side effects like lipodystrophy. I have seen this myself and with friends who have been living with HIV for many years. Don't let your doctor minimize the importance of this change in your appearance.

Good luck to you.

Allan

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:39:37 pm by allanq »

Offline roscoedog

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 03:35:44 pm »
My problem is a little different, and I am looking for people with the same problem. I have just started to develope mild gynecomastia after never using steroids and my natural testosterone is normal. The thought is its the Sustiva or the propecia (my hair loss drug) Just had my hormones checked and I will get the results soon, just wondering if anyone else had the problem and what they did about it.

Offline hungversbtmguy

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 01:21:48 pm »
GSOgymrat , Damn i think your hot

Offline hoosier69

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 06:25:20 pm »
Hoping to go to Tijuana my self in 09 for  PMMA  treatment.   Live in the mid-west.  (indiana) concerned about  traveling alone for this event & the whole procedure.  If anyone in the area is interested in the same procedure & would be interested in traveling together for this little adventure please let me know.

Offline Bradford

• Positively Positive
    • Positively Positive - Living with HIV/AIDS
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 05:20:45 pm »
You can see photos of my face both before and after having lipoatrophy (facial wasting) corrected in 2004; using Bio-Alcamid. It changed my life in a big way. This isn't about beauty or vanity, it's about correcting a problem caused by HIV and the drugs used to treat it. It's like getting something back that was taken away from you.

HIV/AIDS Lipoatrophy - Before & After
http://www.positivelypositive.ca/articles/lipoatrophy.html

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:37:22 pm by Bradford »
Bradford McIntyre, HIV+ since 1984

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.