Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Mental health and sustiva

<< < (6/6)

RICKY77531:
I have been on sustiva and truvada since Beginning of July this year..the first week was hell....sleep for about two hours then wake up and feel as though I haven't slept...also very anxious.....dreams were there too...but about the third week now and just have the dreams..sometimes....I don't eat two hours before I take them...wanted to give a try and whoa....never again...severe tossing and turning....dizziness...sideffects were like to the 10th degree. Can't wait to see my numbers sept. of this year to see how it kicked butt!!!!

dufusmaximus:
Just started treatment with Atripla.  Only had one weird, trippy (very much like LSD if you guys have every tried) day, at work!  I just tried to stay at my desk and freak out to myself - last about 2 hours.  Not sure what happened, I take my meds in the evening before bed.  I now, just get dizzy once in a while,  about 30 minutes after taking the drugs. 

I am also on paxil (10mg) and take trazadone to get drowsy.  For anxiety attacks (which I had before taking atripla) I take ativan.  If I can't fall asleep at night, I take BOTH trazadone and ativan.  Check with your doctor on what you should take, don't become your own pharmacist.

I will stay on atripla for as long as i can, i hope that the side effects don't increase

i am working now, doing general office work, but my background is IT...but there is NO WAY i could do my old career with the fuzzy brain i have now...i have to write everything down, and if i take too much ativan, i get big blocks of memory erased...i actually had a job interview and about a week later i thought that i had not gone and called to apologize that i had missed the appointment, only to have the poor guy on the other end of the phone explain how we had met at , for a lunch meeting...I HAD TOTALLY ERASED IT...yeah, that makes me a good candidate for mission critical work...:(

anyway, enough whining, who has taken atripla or the same components of atripla for a very long time (5 years? 10 years?)?  are you mentally alert? functional?

have any of you changed jobs to compensate for failing mental capacity? 

Steinway:
Aztecan,
   I think it's interesting to read what each persons experience with Sustiva has been.  For me it's a strange feeling.   I took some a little bit ago as I had decided to go to bed but got on here to do some searches. Got distracted and here I am.  I guess in a nutshell I will share that my experience on Sustiva leaves me feeling sort of melted at times.  Just now typing this in I felt as if the keyboard melted back and fort like a modern painting.  I had also taken a half of pill of ambien.  I can't sleep without ambien, but I do try to use small doses when I can.  I find vision is odd on Sustiva.  It's a blur of sorts.  The feeling like my eyes have to catch up to what my site truly sees.  Eventually it all levels off.  During the day there is only a rare occasoin that I feel tired or worn out from the drug.  I feel great most of the time.
    Off the cuff I'm looking for a local discussion group for people dealing with HIV/Aids.  I'm in Battle Creek for the rest of the year and work closer to Marshall Michigan.  I would love to meet a couple of poeple from around here to chat or to geg information on other groups that are similar in the central michigan south end ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version