Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

how to protect myself

(1/2) > >>

wharrel242:
im meeting someone i met on the internet she has HSIV2 i think and i would like to know how to further protect myself and wondering how easily i can get it??

xyahka:
Hi, i am unfamiliar with english acronyms ... so i am not sure what is HSIV2, but in case it was a typo and you refer to Hiv.

--- Quote from: wharrel242 on June 06, 2007, 08:51:39 PM ---im meeting someone i met on the internet she has HSIV2 i think
--- End quote ---

Perhaps i missunderstand but i think it is not nice doubting about the status of the other person. If you are in doubt... just ask. One cannot be assuming others are poz just like that.

In case you are sure she really is poz, I can tell you that the ways for you to get infected are really limited.

I would say the only thing you have to do is to protect you is using condom while having sex, don't do drugs using same needles (just in case).

Apart from that, hiv infection can only happen from mother to son and while receiving blood from her, which is not going to happen... i think.

Get to know her and if you think she is nice and good person, give her the chance to make you happy. And give you the chance to discover how valuable she is, you can kiss, take her hands, hug her, cuddle, everything.... it is not risky.

enjoy!

Juan Carlos

wharrel242:
she is positive for hsv2 which is herpes and i really like her but i dont want to get it and was just wondering what are my chances if any of cathcing it if i wear a condom just in general if we were to have sex or other things what to do to protect myself.

Ann:
Wharrel,

This forum is for people dealing with hiv in their lives, not herpes. There are plenty of websites out there which are dedicated to herpes and I suggest you seek them out.

Condoms will protect you against herpes only to the extent that the condom will be between you and any herpes blisters she may have. This will depend on where, exactly the blisters are located.

She can also talk to her doctor about taking a drug called acyclovir, which if taken daily, will limit or completely stop outbreaks.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

But as I said, this is an hiv website, not herpes, and you'd be better off finding a herpes website. Use any search engine.

Ann

J.R.E.:
Wharrel,

Here is a site that can possibly ansewr your questions : You will have to join, to be able to ask questions, otherwise you may view...

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version