Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

How to help my friend

(1/3) > >>

jamesf:
I found this site when I was worried about an insurance test I had last year and the info here seemed a cut above and the forums seemed pretty helpful, so I thought I'd ask for your help again.

My mate had his HIV status outed to me and 2 of his other friends by some idiot bouncer at a club in London on Friday. He (the bouncer) thought he was trying to bring in illegal drugs. Obviously they were some kind of combination therapy that he takes around bedtime.

I can't imagine really how it must have felt for him for us to find out that way. As well as a few in the queue in the club lobby. It was out of order.

I also can't understand how useless our "doorman" are in a London club and how they were trying to kick him out, take his meds away etc.

Anyway, my question is simple, I don't know anyone living with HIV but obviously want to help my mate as much as possible. Anything I can do? Anything you guys and girls can point me in the direction of doing?

I don't want to make it sound like such a big thing and be dramatic with him but I want him to understand that all of his mates only care for him and want to help as much as we can.

Thx,
James.

englishgirl:
hi james

you've made a good start in supporting your mate just by caring like you obviously do and you should tell him what you've told us so he knows you want to be there for him in any way he needs.

once youve had a chat to him you may find out that he already has a lot of support but you could also suggest that he comes and hangs out with us on the forums as its a great place to find support and meet people. also as he's in the UK he should check out the lovely people at THT.

really the best thing you can do is be his mate and keep on with the attitude youve got. he's lucky to have you.

xxx

bear60:
A ((((((((((((((((((((( HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) goes a long ways towards letting him know you care about him.  How close are you with him? 

jamesf:
Close enough to do a hug, in fact we all did in the club once we were in. I think he know's we're all there for him.

I'll just keep being a mate and I'll send him the URL for here, even though he may have it.

Thanks and if I may I'll use this place for general questions.

James.

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: jamesf on June 03, 2007, 03:54:52 PM ---Anyway, my question is simple, I don't know anyone living with HIV but obviously want to help my mate as much as possible. Anything I can do? Anything you guys and girls can point me in the direction of doing?

--- End quote ---

Hi James. You're a good friend! I would suggest you invite him to join this site!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version