Main Forums > Positive Women

dating in general

<< < (2/2)

lori13212:
Hi everyone - I just want to provide a "positive" side of the dating game. I'm a 45 yo female who was diagnosed when my husband became very ill in 2002 - bad tattoo - anyways he did not deal well with his diagnosis and changed dramatically as a person - into not a very nice one so that was the end of that!!! I KNEW that I wanted somebody in my life - 2 teenage kids had to be balanced out somehow!!! I don't mean this to sound like a "pitch" or anything but I signed up on pozmatch.com and met a great guy. I live in Upstate NY & he lived in Atlanta. He suffers from neuropathy so is on SSDI and I have a decent job here and don't t hink I could move my kids away anyway. We talked on the phone for 100's of hours made a few trips back & forth and he moved up here in Jan 2005 - Maybe it's a heterosexual male thing but he to did not deal well with his diagnosis - told people the same lies my husband did - that he had stomach cancer????? But I have helped him work his way through this. I am very open about my status - everyone I work with knows and have had very few bad experiences. I did struggle about telling my kids - I didn't want them to think I was dying but I didn't want them to think that HIV was no big deal either so I did eventually tell them and they make the choice as to what friends they tell - sorry - I've gotten off topic. I never would have done the online dating thing without this disease and maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones but it's worked for me - I grant you he does piss me off at times but anybody would - positive or not!!!! Thanks for letting me share - Lori

Queen Tokelove:
There are some success stories with online dating, you just don't hear about them as much as the bad ones. Glad you found someone...

tigger2376:
Heard both good and bad tales of dating, glad you got a great one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version