POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:25:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643506
  • Total Topics: 48963
  • Online Today: 174
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 112
Total: 118

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV Medication Online  (Read 1412 times)

Offline New_Aussie

HIV Medication Online
« on: June 01, 2007, 04:43:01 AM »
I am new to the forum.  I have been positive since 2003.  I recently moved to Australia from the United States.  Due to changes in situations I find myself in an unusual position, looking for help.  What I am looking for is a source for HIV medication from India which are lower cost.  I am not through the immigration process in Australia so I am not covered under national health.  Due to the health system present in Australia they do not seem to have any system in place for people that do not fit in the health scheme.  I know the states are not perfect but I think we are doing better on this score.  If anyone knows of a source I would appreciate it. If this is not the appropriate forum please disregard.

Thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
Re: HIV Medication Online
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 06:43:03 AM »
I am new to the forum.  I have been positive since 2003.  I recently moved to Australia from the United States.  Due to changes in situations I find myself in an unusual position, looking for help.  What I am looking for is a source for HIV medication from India which are lower cost.  I am not through the immigration process in Australia so I am not covered under national health.  Due to the health system present in Australia they do not seem to have any system in place for people that do not fit in the health scheme.  I know the states are not perfect but I think we are doing better on this score.  If anyone knows of a source I would appreciate it.  If this is not the appropriate forum please disregard.

Thanks

Hey New Aussie, welcome to the Forums.

Since your residency in Australia is "not through the immigration process" you're pretty much up shitter's ditch when it comes to accessing medications. Your chances of being able to import prescription medications from another country are essentially zero. It's illegal and Customs will catch you if you try.

Seriously, don't try. Unless you like prison food. The Commonwealth authorities don't fuck around.

Nevertheless there is some good news. You can access free, confidential HIV services through a public sexual health clinic, such as the Melbourne Sexual Health Clinic. A public sexual health clinic will provide HIV monitoring and other clinical services for free. Not only that but you won't have to provide a Medicare card or any other form of identification to them.

The phone number for MSHC is 03 9347 0244. If central Melbourne isn't convenient for you, ring the clinic or click on the red link I've provided above and check if there is a service closer to where you are in Victoria.

Regards,

MtD
(Who is an Aussie)

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:35:23 PM »
Hello,

Same goes for Sydney.  A popular choice is to get on to a clinical trial.  There are lots of centres running trials, care and drugs are free - often for many years.  You can access existing or new drugs.  You can call the treatments officer at Acon (the Aids Council of New South Wales) on (02) 9206 2000.  They also have a free legal department that can help you with your immigration process.

Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline OzPaul

• a very blessed 29 year ltnp
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »
Hey New Aussie

Here is a link that you might find helpful. It is the National Association of People Living with HIV/AIDS. There may be some services ( medical & Legal) that you can connect with. Here's the link

http://www.napwa.org.au/

I just recently received my Permanent Residency Visa in Australia ( I'm a former American) so it can be done  :D

Keep us posted on how it's going for you.

Cheers
Paul, who lives along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.