HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Advice please

(1/1)

instantkitten:
This is probably a really stupid question but ive been very worried over the last few days - i was kissing a guy on saturday night and he then told me he was positive - now i know that people say you cant get HIV from kissing but I have terrible teeth and have broken fillings and missing teeth where my gums are exposed - so ive been very concerned that i could have picked it up if he had any cuts in his mouth that i didn't know about - please help cos im terrified - am i at risk?

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote from: instantkitten on June 26, 2006, 04:09:57 PM ---This is probably a really stupid question but ive been very worried over the last few days - i was kissing a guy on saturday night and he then told me he was positive - now i know that people say you cant get HIV from kissing but I have terrible teeth and have broken fillings and missing teeth where my gums are exposed - so ive been very concerned that i could have picked it up if he had any cuts in his mouth that i didn't know about - please help cos im terrified - am i at risk?

--- End quote ---

Kitten,

There is no reason for you to be terrified about contracting HIV from kissing. It just doesn't happen that way. I would recommend that you visit a dentist have have your teeth examined. Please read our Welcome Thread to learn how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Remember: HIV is not spread through kissing.

Regards,

MtD

Andy Velez:
The biggest risk you've implicity expressed in your question is a lack of awareness of the basics about HIV transmission. As has been suggested, please read the lesson on transmission. This epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come. In order to  protect your health and to spare you a lot of unnecessary worrying, (such as now), read that lesson get down with the real information.

Poor oral care can cause you all kinds of physical problems so that IS something you would be wise to attend to.

As far as HIV is concerned you have nothing to worry about this time. There are other STDs which you can get through kissing, (herpes, etc.), but HIV is not one of them. If you have any concerns about them you should discuss them with your doctor.

Cheers, 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version