Main Forums > Positive Women

dating

<< < (2/12) > >>

cjc:
Thanks ya'll. Wendi, I remember you mentioning that before and all I can say is that sucks big-time. I have been through similar situations and not a pleasant experience. Not since I have become poz though.  Ulong, great poiint, The pool to chose from is very small. i guess I just am a little frustrated because I do serosort and the fear of rejection from someone negative is scary. I might get to that point but not yet.Thanks for the responses and thought ,ladies. All are welcome.  Cristy

englishgirl:
im wondering if we should let eachother know which guys on poz personals we should steer clear of! sadly i have not got as far as any dates, i seem to live in the wrong country!

as far as neggies go ive found that my policy of disclosing on a first date limits me somewhat, but what limits me more is that i'm far too choosy! im not sure yet whether i will ever be able to have a relationship with a neggie. ive made it past the first date but i havent made it past a month. and as far as only dating poz guys, seeing as the only poz heterosexual man where i live is my ex i think i will have to widen my horizons if i decide to only date poz guys!

good luck with the search ladies
xx

IzPoz:
Disclosing to a negative person is pretty risky, but also subject to your own personal trusts and instincts.  Personally, I won't dislcose on a first date, probably not the second date either. I want the guy to get to know me, understand me for who I am, not what I have. After he gets to know me, and if I think that I can tell him, then I will. My instincts thus far have been spot on, and I haven't had any bad experiences. Although I did have one 'rejection' from a life-long friend who had his own inhibitions to deal with, and all I can say is: "His loss!!".

Queen Tokelove:
Good Topic! The dating game has sucked for me. I don't know anyone who is poz in my town unless they are gay. And it is actually taboo to even mention it in the black community. Real Taboo. I have tried the personals but it seem like nothing was popping. I did meet someone a few weeks ago that I thought might have been a hopeful but I think he is wrapped up in his own demons. He was abused by his ex wife, not that it bothered me because I had been abused in the past twice, so I could relate but I just get the feeling something else is going on.

I go other sites but if there is an interest, they live too far away. It really sucks. As of late I have been really lonely and craving some attention or a relationship. Glad to know it isn't just me...

cjc:
Queen, It's definitely not just you. guess we just have to keep looking. Best to you all,   Cristy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version