POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 03:16:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650163
  • Total Topics: 49630
  • Online Today: 192
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: really scared!  (Read 2592 times)

Offline tagalog

really scared!
« on: May 19, 2007, 12:03:14 AM »

hello Goo day!

until now i have been really trauma and paranoid. my story goes like this i have contact with a girl in Manila,Philippines whom i really don't know her. i have just meet her in supermarket. until we have decided to go all the way. during our the time we have contact my both legs felt numbs dont know if what is the main cause of that perhaps it is just my first time to experience like that. I am really scared for myself i have always asked the girl if she had any dieseases she said that she had not. the girl looks she has really some problem. it happens last April 2004... and now i got married and have a lovely wife and two kids. I love them very much.until now im really scared of being tested for hiv/aids for im really scared of knowing what would be the outcome of it. sometime i felt paranoid everytime i felt something wrong i'll always really scared. every time there are any skin problems rashes ect. i have always think really bad.

hope somebody can help me with this...
here's my questions,...

1.) is there any rest if the girl is being positive then you have sex with her in just 2 finishes it could be possible that i might have the risk of getting the disease if she has?

2.) during that contact don't used condom but i have used the method of withdrawal is the risk here is high?

3.) 3 years since that happen until now don't have tested myself for hiv/aids for im really scared of what will be the outcome. what will be my best options with this?

4.) having sex in 2 finishes using wthdrwal is it really a high risk for getting hiv/aids?

5.) The girl wanted me to right my name on a piece of paper, dont know whats the reason behind it but im really scared that maybe she had the disease and after what will happen to her she will report to the Department of Health and will tell health personnel that this guy is having sex with me? i have always been like really paranoid now.

Pls. do help me,,, i love my kids and my wife more than myself. dont want to be too much  paranoid of thinking this things.

Tagalog

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
Re: really scared!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 03:24:43 AM »
1.) is there any rest if the girl is being positive then you have sex with her in just 2 finishes it could be possible that i might have the risk of getting the disease if she has?

Sexual transmitted diseases .... are transmitted through sex... if it is quick or not is not the point. Plus, you have to understand that Hiv+ people not always "look like we really have some problem". We look as normal as others, you can't say by appearance if someone is poz or not. Ahh... numb legs is not a symptom of Hiv.... just for you to know.

2.) during that contact don't used condom but i have used the method of withdrawal is the risk here is high?

There is risk. Others will tell you if it is high or low.

3.) 3 years since that happen until now don't have tested myself for hiv/aids for im really scared of what will be the outcome. what will be my best options with this?

There is no best or worst option. There is one thing to do, get tested. That's the only way to recover your peace. Hiv is a serious illness, but nowadays it is possible to be controlled with meds. So don't make any scenario in your mind... just get tested and you might see there was no reason to be worried.

4.) having sex in 2 finishes using wthdrwal is it really a high risk for getting hiv/aids?

didn't you already asked that?

5.) The girl wanted me to right my name on a piece of paper, dont know whats the reason behind it but im really scared that maybe she had the disease and after what will happen to her she will report to the Department of Health and will tell health personnel that this guy is having sex with me? i have always been like really paranoid now.

Well, they haven't call you, have they? perhaps she just wanted to see you again... Don't paranoid... just get tested.

Friend, just get tested and once you get the negative result, take some time to get informed about Hiv and other sexual transmitted diseases and how to prevent them, that will help you not to worry without reason in the future and play safe. Good luck!
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 05:34:58 AM »
Tagalog,

Since you've have unprotected sex you do need to be tested for HIV. The withdrawal method (pulling your penis out before you ejaculate) is certainly not an acceptable alternative for using latex condoms with water based lubricant. The window period for HIV testing is 13 weeks. You need to have your HIV test performed 13 weeks after the date of the last unprotected sexual encounter.

HIV is not an easy disease to transmit, especially from woman to man, and the chances of you having HIV from what you describe are not great. Nevertheless no risk is not the same as no risk and as I said above, you do need to be tested.

You should also be aware that STD's other than HIV such as chlamydia and gonnorrhoea are much more prevalent and contagious than HIV. All sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least once a year. Twice is even better. A full STD screen will include an HIV antibody test.

Symptoms such as "numb legs" do not mean anything when it comes to deciding if you have HIV infection or not.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread which contains links to our lessons on HIV testing and transmission to learn more about how HIV is and is not spread.

Regards,

MtD

Offline tagalog

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 06:24:13 AM »
Sexual transmitted diseases .... are transmitted through sex... if it is quick or not is not the point. Plus, you have to understand that Hiv+ people not always "look like we really have some problem". We look as normal as others, you can't say by appearance if someone is poz or not. Ahh... numb legs is not a symptom of Hiv.... just for you to know.

There is risk. Others will tell you if it is high or low.

There is no best or worst option. There is one thing to do, get tested. That's the only way to recover your peace. Hiv is a serious illness, but nowadays it is possible to be controlled with meds. So don't make any scenario in your mind... just get tested and you might see there was no reason to be worried.

didn't you already asked that?

Well, they haven't call you, have they? perhaps she just wanted to see you again... Don't paranoid... just get tested.

Friend, just get tested and once you get the negative result, take some time to get informed about Hiv and other sexual transmitted diseases and how to prevent them, that will help you not to worry without reason in the future and play safe. Good luck!

Thank you very much with these inspiring advices, until now im really thinking of getting a test for myself to lighten up my mind. currently im living with my lovely wife and 2 kids since that happen im always asking myself for their future. I'm always praying to God that im free with this deadly disease because all i want is that i can spend more years with my family. I love them so much. Sometimes im really bothered when i felt myself that there is something wrong. Even few uncertain illnesses ill always think it too bad.

Im really afraid until now don't have my test and dont know what is my status now.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 06:30:21 AM »
Tagalog,

You can pray to god all you want, but that won't tell you if you're infected or not. The only way to find out is to get tested.

Now ultimately getting tested is up to you and I think you'll probably test negative, but surely you owe it to yourself and your family to find out for sure. HIV (or any other STD for that matter) is not something you can simply ignore.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »
Tag, Matty has got it down right for you. If you had intercourse without using a condom in the incident you're concerned about, then you need to get an HIV test.

Since it is not an easy virus to transmit, the odds are significantly in your favor that you will test negative. Then having eliminated HIV as a factor, you can discuss your symptoms with your doctor to find out the real cause of your problems.

Stop indulging your fears and living under this cloud of uncertainty. You don't have to feel brave to get tested. You can be terrified and still get it done. Given how long in the past this incident was you can test anytime now and get a reliable result.

Good luck with your test. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline tagalog

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 04:57:45 AM »

Thanks Andy,

It's been really wonderful to hear from someone whos really have converns to those people need some inspiring words. As of now i have change my mind maybe one of these days I'll try to get my test so that may i know my real status.

As of now I'm willing to have my test Andy im so thankful for your encouraging words although for me i have feel so worried about what will be the outcome if im getting my test but im praying that it will be fine. Honestly i have my hesitation to do with this because if the test would become acceptable it would be maybe the end of my life. I'll always thinking my wife and my 2 kids, they're really the best persons belong to me and dont want that someday they would be dragged with my stupid acts. I'm really ashame of myself too much. Here in the Philippines if people knows u that have that kind of disease you  would be denied in the society. You can hear lot of bad words from people around you it's like u will not die with the disease but u will die for those people who will insult you, thrown really insulting words. I have read some stories about this.

since that time happen, Im still single and were just having my relationship with my wife at that... the greatest fear that always occured in my mind that if that girl would carrying this disease then if i have been acquired from her then i'll transmit it to my wife and that most worst thing herethat time when we had making contacts with my wife at that time without using condom and in just few months she got pregnant with our first child and not knowing my real status at that time.

Hope i can have enough strength now to gest tested so that my life would be enlighten with it....

To all moderators here, thank you very much. Hope u can provide more of it for me so that my gain enough and more strength to carry on and got my test.

need more words from you guys.

Thanks,

Tagalo

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »
Tag, the only thing you need to do is to get your butt into a testing place and get that done. I expect you to test negative but that's not the same as actually collecting a negative result.

You've already spent way too much time and energy worrying about this issue. Get tested, collect what I expect will be a negative result and then get on with your life. You have way better things to do with your family than having this cloud hanging over you.

Good luck with your test and keep us posted.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.