HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

i want the final explination on hiv risks with oral sex

(1/3) > >>

run5home:
well ya this is kinda stupid and everything but i would just like to be reasured.
well me and my girlfriend (im confident she is not HIV+) i fingered her for a bout 10 mins with my middle finger well then after i washed my hands thoroughly with hotwater and such but then later when me and my bro were haning out somehow my pointer finger (not my middle which i used to finger) got in my bros moth for a very short period of time and i think this took place maybe 10-15 mins after i fingered my gf. now i would like reasurance that my bro was not put at risk at all
-thank you

run5home:
im sayin if she did have HIV then would my bro be at risk

run5home:
and as a follow up question i would like to know how long it takes the HIV Virus to die after its been exposed on the skin, and if washing ur hands with hot water helps
-thank you

Ann:
run,

Hiv is a very fragile virus that does not remain able to infect once it finds itself outside the human body.

Not one person has ever become infected in the way that you describe and your brother (or you) won't be the first.

Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Lessons links for more information on transmission.

While you're here, I'd like to tell you a few more things since you don't seem to know much about hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. This includes having intercourse with your girlfriend. You can't tell by looking at someone, or by what you or they think they know about their health. The ONLY way to know someone's hiv status is through testing together. You must be using condoms until such time.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Please, learn the facts surrounding hiv transmission and infection. It's the adult, responsible thing to do as this pandemic is going to be with us for a long time to come.

Ann

Andy Velez:
In addition to Ann's sage remarks I just want to comment on something you wrote which I found troubling.

You mention being "confident that she is not HIV+" when speaking about your girlfriend. HIV status is not something to guess about. And until such time as you may find yourself in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners test negative together, until then you should always be taking the precautions with anyone you're with as if you knew the person to be HIV+.

Specifically that means using a latex condom everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions!

Happily, there was nothing risky in the incident you were concerned about.

Cheers, 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version