HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Concerned about infection with sex workers

<< < (4/5) > >>

stresser:
Fingers Crossed!!!!

stresser:
Results are in... LabCorp did them (I guess they R a reputable lab?) and it came back -ve @ 155 days post exposure.. Would that suffice in your guys books based on the criteria stated above?

Andy, Matty, and ACinKC,

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank U guys again for your candid responses and helping me through this rough time!!

ACinKC:
You are 100% conclusively negative.

Ann:
Stressor,

You are indeed hiv negative. Stay that way by using condoms correctly and consistently.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

stresser:
Thanks Ann and all.

I have one more questions for you guys if you dont mind. I got a copy of my Blood tests and in it regarding HIV Test it says                       

"TEST                      RESULT                LIMITS

HIV 1/0/2 Abs-ICMA

HIV 1/0/2 Abs-Index Value     <1.00                   <1.00

Index Value:Specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff. 

HIV 1//0/2 Abs, Qual             Non-Reactive          Non-Reactive"

I know this means -ve based on the info but can someone explain the "ranges" and also the logistics of the test and "cutoff ranges" for my education?

Thanks everyone or anyone!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version