HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Just Re-Assurance

(1/2) > >>

david2007:
Hey everyone, been reading through everyone' s posts and have a learned A LOT.  I'm 99.9% sure I have nothing to worry about, I just get super nervous over stupid stuff, and of course, reading the internet....doesn't help.  Anyways, I've ALWAYS worn a condom when having vaginal sex.  One time, about 2 1/2 years ago, a condom broke, i got all washed up..nothing ever occurred from it, never felt sick, nothing...the girl i was with, was not a one night stand or anything, asked her about any stds, and vice versa...asked me questions as well.  So, i'm pretty sure, like i said 99.9% i have nothing to worry about.  I had sex with this girl i work with the other day, she gave me a bj, unprotect, which i've read is no risk, and then the sex was protected, no prob with the condom.  I just get stressed out and worried and have soem personal issues going on with my life that i feel has amde this a lot worse.  What do you guys think?  I was planning on maybe doing one of those home express test just for peace of mind.  What do you guys think?  Thanks for the help!

thunter34:
David, I mean this in the best way possible:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................

Based on what you described, I would not even spend the $ for a Home Test.  I'd spend the money instead on either getting a professional to help you address the personal issues, or taking the girl out to dinner or something. 

david2007:
Thanks, i appreciate the quick response!  As i said, i really don't have any "basis", just really peace of mind to quit being such a hypochondriac.   ;)

david2007:
anyone else have anything to had or am i just acting crazy and paranoid?  ::)

Andy Velez:
Let's keep this nice and simple here.

You're sexually active. That means you should do a full STD panel regularly, at least once a year just as a precaution. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Nothing you have reported leads me to expect other than a negative test result as far as HIV is concerned. If you're going to continue bothering yourself unnecessarily, then just do your annual now, get it over with, collect your negative results and get on with your life.

And if you don't really feel the need to do that, then how about just getting on with your life?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version