HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

What is happening here?

(1/1)

Unknown:
I had sex with a female in feb of 2006 and tested negative 12.4 weeks later using a rapid test. I worry this test was not accurate because I drank water within 5 minutes of the test because I was so nervous my mouth was dry. The reason I tested was because of all the symptoms I was having. I developed a sore throat 6 days after contact and had huge tonsils with white spots, sore lymph nodes in the groin pelvic area 2 weeks later and noticed a white spot on the side of my tongue in May. I have what looks like hairy leukoplakia on both sides on my tongue. I have had excessive gas a stomach growling which could be attributed for the candidasis. Bowel movements were loose for the longest time after the exposure, I still have loose ones often. Now, after testing negative in May, I have been prescribed Diflucan and Nystatin for a white coating on my tongue that I developed - I was never told I had thrush. They called in an order to the pharmacy after results came back from a swab. After looking into the reason these are prescribed I can not say Iím thrilled. I did take amoxicillin at 500 mg twice a day for about a week to fight the throat infection when this started in March but could I still have oral thrush from that? How long can the tongue be coated white after oral thrush starts and is fought? If oral thrush is a seroconversion symptom, shouldnít my immune system kick it after a while? We are in June already and Iím waiting for a normal tongue. Now I have developed a persistent cough and spit out small amount of mucous for the last 2 weeks and have isolated sore lymph nodes on my back and left leg, my left chest area last week - nothing that swells but they are sore to the touch. Did I screw up the test in May when I drunk water right before the test - I wasnít told not to drink or eat anything? I know that I have posted before but my symptoms are not going away and I have been tortured with not being able to accept a negative result because of them. I want to accept the result but what is going on here?

Ann:
Unknown,

This is the third time that I've had to tell you to not start new threads and to stay in your original. What's up with that?

It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. With this in mind, I'm locking this one so you can return to your original thread

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version