Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

First Blood test results. . .

<< < (2/2)

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: milker on May 15, 2007, 11:25:24 AM ---Hi biz,

a single number like this doesn't mean much.
--- End quote ---

Well, to a degree.  I mean how low must even an initial cd4 count be to begin meds?  If it came back as "5" it's a safe bet that when the 2nd one comes back it still isn't going to be above 200.  If I had 108 on my first test, and I don't mean to scare bizennie, I'd not fob it off and wait several months to make a decision.

It's not like getting 418 on your first test and realizing you have a safety zone of +/- 100 on either side of that.  I would not be surprised at all if bizennie's doctor goes ahead and recommends starting treatment.  Even if the next test doubled his cd4's he's starting at a level that is still within treatment guidelines.  (assuming he can't conclusively state that he just seroconverted, which he didn't provide any information on... and such claims I'm always very dubious about unless someone has been testing consistently which is generally not the case)

milker:

--- Quote from: philly267 on May 15, 2007, 11:37:45 AM ---Well, to a degree.  I mean how low must even an initial cd4 count be to begin meds?

--- End quote ---
Yes, I wanted to say that it doesn't mean much to assess what treatment would be the best.

Milker.

bizennie:
Your contributions have assisted me greatly.  I will see my Doctor tomorrow and of course, I will do the research.

Biz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version