HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Effectiveness of Condoms

(1/3) > >>

spatriamst:
Hallo,

It was really stupid. I had sex with a prostitute 3 days before. I used a condom, but never inspected the type and quality of it. I heard that only latex/ polyurethane can prevent hiv/std. All I can say is that I feel that the condom is hard enough that I get very less feeling. Is there any thing like all the condoms in Europe can protect from HIV?

Now, I am afraid of the hiv and stds. I don't know what to do. Ofcourse, I am ready for tests but still not possible because I am window period. I consulted a doctor and asked about pep(anti retroviral medications). But he refused to provide me saything that its not sure that you have HIV. What to do now? I am really scared and those things I never repeat it again.

Thanks,
spatriamst

Ann:
spat,

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. A sex worker uses condoms to protect herself, not you, so you can bet that she would use the right type of condom.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection and you do not need PEP.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

spatriamst:
Hallo,

Thanks for your response. I am not sexually active. That was the first time. I am feeling very much worried that I can't wait so long for the tests to clear my doubts. I was worried about the

1) Possibility of minute openings that may result during sex that are enough to transmit HIV virus.
2)Type of condom that I have used. All I know is that I got less feeling during penetration.
3) Is the transmission depends on the type of HIV virus?
4) Does the antibody testing checks for the presence of all types of HIV including strains?
5) It was 5 days over and is there any symptoms to check for during the I or II week of window period?

I hope I am not irritating you by putting questions constantly.

Thanks a lot
spatriamst

ACinKC:
1. Doesnt happen that way
2. 99% sure it was latex
3. no
4. yes
5. Symptoms mean nothing.

You were protected during sex.  So no worries!

spatriamst:
Hi, many thanks for your quick response. I have got one more question left for clarification. I have small cut in my right hand and in my feet. I was afraid that it may be the way for transmission as I was in room & on bed (provided by CSW) where many people have accessed it. But, I don't found any remarkable amount of fluid/blood traces on the cuts. Is that situation bad?

Thanks a lot,
Spatriamst

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version