Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

healthy eating...nutrition is not my forte

<< < (7/7)

belief:
Very cool Milker!  This will be very helpful!!  (i really suck at cooking...but last night's meal was indeed impressive i must say)

belief.

sdcabincrew74:
Breakfast is the easiest meal to change.  Oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, cereal, toast .... it is all good.  However, I like real butter on my toast, I figure it is better for me than all those chemicals in the other stuff.  Plus, I have found I use less butter if I use the real stuff.  A bowl of decent cereal (like total, or something) with skim milk, oj, wheat toast and yogurt is the perfect start to the day.  Once a week though have a treat and get some french toast or mcdonalds.....moderation is the key.

LT:
I don't know your height, build, etc. but earlier you said you weigh 102 lbs.

Later you beat yourself up for adding cream and some sugar to a kind of tasty sounding chicken dish.

Because I don't really know your situation, I could be completely off base, and talking through my hat.  Unless your cholesterol numbers are really high (and some people have that problem with the PI drugs), those extra calories in the cream and sugar might help you.

Several fast food meals a day is probably a bad idea.  While they have the extra calories it sounds like you might need, they are somewhat lacking in nutritional value.  Since you said your kind of addicted to them, maybe try to limit them to one a day.  Build up to one ever second day.

With your cheerios you used 1% milk.  Perhaps you might step that up to Whole Milk (3%, Homo [not a gay thing - they used to call Homogenized milk that here]) or whatever they call it where you live.  Maybe even cereal cream.

If your appetite is good, maybe throw in some mid-day/mid-evening snacks of a banana, apple, orange, or some grapes.

My mom was a dietician, so I grew up with the Canada Food Guide tattooed to the inside of my eyelids.  Despite that, I'm certainly not perfect.  My morning at work caffeine comes in a cold, sweet, bubbly form, to which I'm addicted.  (I'm thourghly convinced that the entire micro-computer revolution would not have happened without Coke, Pepsi, RC, and Jolt Cola)

If on the wrong track - ignore me.  It's just that your weight raised a red flag for me.

belief:

--- Quote from: LT on May 17, 2007, 06:27:18 AM ---I don't know your height, build, etc. but earlier you said you weigh 102 lbs.

Later you beat yourself up for adding cream and some sugar to a kind of tasty sounding chicken dish.

Because I don't really know your situation, I could be completely off base, and talking through my hat.  Unless your cholesterol numbers are really high (and some people have that problem with the PI drugs), those extra calories in the cream and sugar might help you.

Several fast food meals a day is probably a bad idea.  While they have the extra calories it sounds like you might need, they are somewhat lacking in nutritional value.  Since you said your kind of addicted to them, maybe try to limit them to one a day.  Build up to one ever second day.

With your cheerios you used 1% milk.  Perhaps you might step that up to Whole Milk (3%, Homo [not a gay thing - they used to call Homogenized milk that here]) or whatever they call it where you live.  Maybe even cereal cream.

If your appetite is good, maybe throw in some mid-day/mid-evening snacks of a banana, apple, orange, or some grapes.

My mom was a dietician, so I grew up with the Canada Food Guide tattooed to the inside of my eyelids.  Despite that, I'm certainly not perfect.  My morning at work caffeine comes in a cold, sweet, bubbly form, to which I'm addicted.  (I'm thourghly convinced that the entire micro-computer revolution would not have happened without Coke, Pepsi, RC, and Jolt Cola)

If on the wrong track - ignore me.  It's just that your weight raised a red flag for me.

--- End quote ---

hi lt...a little background:  i'm 5'3" and quite petite - but 100 pounds is not enough...so you're right, the calories might do me some good.  i just don't want to over do the cream/sugar and fast food diet and gain all of the wrong kind of weight.  i should really eat the fruits/veggies/proteins that will help me gain the proper weight.  but my issue is figuring out how to cook it so it is tasty. 

i certainly don't want to add any other form of troubles to my already less than stellar condition...and i know when a person doesn't weigh a proper amount or get the proper nutrition, things can go downhill from there.  so, no - you're not off base here at all.  you've probably hit the nail on the head exactly.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version